Really dumb wireless question:

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
So I know it's bad for batteries to be charged if they're not totally dead or for them to be constantly sitting on a charger.

So wouldn't having all these charging surfaces be bad for your phone? Pretend we live in a world where most surfaces are Qi enabled so people are able to charge at the airport chairs, Starbucks tables, etc.

Wouldn't that result in bad batteries?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
https://www.apple.com/batteries/why-lithium-ion/#mn_p
Here is everything you need to know about batteries.
This is the official support page of Apple.

Especially mind this section:
There’s no need to let it discharge 100% before recharging. Apple lithium-ion batteries work in charge cycles. You complete one charge cycle when you’ve used (discharged) an amount that equals 100% of your battery’s capacity — but not necessarily all from one charge.

Additional information: Leaving any li-ion battery powered device on the charger for more than 24 hours will reduce the battery health. Avoid this.
But there is no need to wait till your iPhone is at 1% to plug it in/lay it on a charger.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So I know it's bad for batteries to be charged if they're not totally dead or for them to be constantly sitting on a charger.

So wouldn't having all these charging surfaces be bad for your phone? Pretend we live in a world where most surfaces are Qi enabled so people are able to charge at the airport chairs, Starbucks tables, etc.

Wouldn't that result in bad batteries?

You can read all that or just understand... NO.. You can always charge whenever you want, regardless of how full or how long. This no longer harms the phone or batteries in the phones.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
There’s no need to let it discharge 100% before recharging. Apple lithium-ion batteries work in charge cycles. You complete one charge cycle when you’ve used (discharged) an amount that equals 100% of your battery’s capacity — but not necessarily all from one charge.

I can't believe people still think otherwise

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods