I have never had Touch ID issues. I like it a lot. Also if I do get the 8+ like how cases I have will fit it. I am into cases. I like to change them to my mood. Money racked up in cases is a lot. Lol
    But reality is I like the 7+ form factor and have played with the 8+. It is my choice.
    11-16-2017 10:01 PM
    Had the X and was going to sell my 8 plus. Glad I didn’t because I wasn’t feeling the X at all. Returned the X and kept the plus. Much much happier.
    Jude526, nikkisharif and ladyc0524 like this.
    11-16-2017 10:21 PM
    I could keep my 7+...or be a new 8+ buyer if the shortcomings I hear that the X has are true.
    If you're going into it with the expectation that you're going to find the shortcomings, you will. Save yourself the trouble and keep the shrink-wrap on the box
    11-18-2017 10:14 AM
    My iPhone X is supposed to be on my desk tomorrow...but, ehhhhhhhh I dunno. I'm glad I have the 14-day trial...and a few days before I have to turn my 7+ in to Verizon.

I could keep my 7+...or be a new 8+ buyer if the shortcomings I hear that the X has are true.
    I don’t think you’ll want to return the X
    11-19-2017 02:39 PM
    I don’t like how carriers charge a restocking fee within the 14 days. That’s why I really like to play with the device. I played with the 7+ a lot during my Note7 debacle. It won me over. I have played with the 8+. I had my cat scan today. I am praying my cancer hasn’t spread. I want to treat myself to the 8+ but only if I am ok.
    This is hard to even talk about. Benign biopsy only to turn malignant turning my life upside down. Two lymph nodes were positive so that made my diagnosis stage 2 to stage 3. I will have chemo and radiation. I am a 30 yr breast cancer survivor and it was easy to beat for me. I didn’t have to have chemo. This Vulvar Cancer is tougher on me. Sorry to rant. I am depressed. My life was going great and boom.
    Sorry. Am nervous about my cat scan.
    11-20-2017 09:27 PM
    Best of luck. I can only imagine how stressful it can be.
    11-20-2017 09:35 PM
    Best of luck. I can only imagine how stressful it can be.
    Thank you.
    11-21-2017 01:52 AM
    I don’t like how carriers charge a restocking fee within the 14 days. That’s why I really like to play with the device. I played with the 7+ a lot during my Note7 debacle. It won me over. I have played with the 8+.
    That's the nice thing about buying through Apple. I had the 8 Plus for a week before a shipment of X came in and I swapped it out easily.

I had my cat scan today. I am praying my cancer hasn’t spread. I want to treat myself to the 8+ but only if I am ok.
    This is hard to even talk about. Benign biopsy only to turn malignant turning my life upside down. Two lymph nodes were positive so that made my diagnosis stage 2 to stage 3. I will have chemo and radiation. I am a 30 yr breast cancer survivor and it was easy to beat for me. I didn’t have to have chemo. This Vulvar Cancer is tougher on me. Sorry to rant. I am depressed. My life was going great and boom.
    Sorry you're going through that. Will be sending lots of positive thoughts your way. You'll have that 8 Plus in your hands before you know it.
    11-21-2017 04:47 PM
    That's the nice thing about buying through Apple. I had the 8 Plus for a week before a shipment of X came in and I swapped it out easily.

Sorry you're going through that. Will be sending lots of positive thoughts your way. You'll have that 8 Plus in your hands before you know it.
    Thx so much!
    11-21-2017 04:50 PM
    I figure one of two things is going to happen in the near future. Either -
    1. Features from the X will trickle down to the traditional iPhone line...or
    2. Apple is going to price me out of iPhone, at which point I'll go full Android or buy an older model iPhone.

Until either of those things happen, I'm not going to spring for a
    11-21-2017 06:53 PM
    2. Apple is going to price me out of iPhone, at which point I'll go full Android or buy an older model iPhone.

I think Apple will keep a few iPhones in their product line to meet the needs of different consumers so that they end up “self-selecting”.
    11-21-2017 07:46 PM

The current rumors out of China are that next years iPhones will all look like the X. There will be one similar to the X (again 5.8"), and a plus size that will be a 6.5" display. There will also be a "lower cost" iPhone, with an LED display (not OLED), that is 6.1". All will be edge to edge (similar to the X) with a notch, and all will feature FaceID. It will be interesting to see the prices on the three models (if it does end up being these three) but allegedly all new Apple phones will be "based" on the iPhone X features (notch, FaceID, gestures, etc).
    AustinIllini likes this.
    11-21-2017 10:08 PM
    The current rumors out of China are that next years iPhones will all look like the X. There will be one similar to the X (again 5.8"), and a plus size that will be a 6.5" display. There will also be a "lower cost" iPhone, with an LED display (not OLED), that is 6.1". All will be edge to edge (similar to the X) with a notch, and all will feature FaceID. It will be interesting to see the prices on the three models (if it does end up being these three) but allegedly all new Apple phones will be "based" on the iPhone X features (notch, FaceID, gestures, etc).
    That sounds great...as long as the price is right.
    11-21-2017 10:11 PM
    That would be wrong to do. Not everyone will be happy with that design change completely 100%. Apple should keep its original design as well .
    11-21-2017 10:40 PM
    So I have debated this a long time. If I was to get the X via Verizon I’m looking at $600/phone (tax included) $1800 for three phones. I have the money but no that I have it I don’t want to part with it.

Then I have to add screen protectors and of course wireless charger. I’m still on the fence but I’ll falling towards the 8 side for now. I have a week to decide
    11-22-2017 12:33 AM
    That would be wrong to do. Not everyone will be happy with that design change completely 100%. Apple should keep its original design as well .
    I doubt they’ll keep the old design for a few more years.

Since they’ve marketed the X to be the “future of smartphones”.
    11-22-2017 12:36 AM
    I suspect that rumor, at least in terms of all the new iPhones being similar to the X, is true. I suspect next year that the iPhone X will be "dropped" from the lineup, that next year Apple will offer the iPhone 8/Plus and whatever next years new models are.

Apple seemed to be very clear that the iPhone X is the "future of the iPhone." There are also hints, in interviews with Jony Ive, that not only is the iPhone X the future but that iOS will revolve to better fit the abilities of the iPhone X.

For example, there are several interesting quotes from Apple executives in this Time Magazine article:

“This phone really sets us up well for the next 10 years,” says Dan Riccio, Apple’s senior vice president of hardware engineering.

“I actually think the path of holding onto features that have been effective, the path of holding onto those whatever the cost, is a path that leads to failure,” says Ive. “And in the short term, it’s the path the feels less risky and it’s the path that feels more secure.”
    11-22-2017 01:33 PM
    I don’t like how carriers charge a restocking fee within the 14 days. That’s why I really like to play with the device. I played with the 7+ a lot during my Note7 debacle. It won me over. I have played with the 8+. I had my cat scan today. I am praying my cancer hasn’t spread. I want to treat myself to the 8+ but only if I am ok.
    I hate you’re going through this. I’ll be sending good vibes your way...you beat cancer once, you can do it again!!!!

And I totally think you should just get the 8 Plus. It’s a great device & we all deserve a little electronics happiness lol
    Just_Me_D and Jude526 like this.
    11-23-2017 02:45 PM
    I hate you’re going through this. I’ll be sending good vibes your way...you beat cancer once, you can do it again!!!!
    Thank you for thinking about me.
    Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving
    nikkisharif and Just_Me_D like this.
    11-23-2017 02:46 PM
    Thank you for thinking about me.
    Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving
    You’re welcome and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well
    Just_Me_D and Jude526 like this.
    11-23-2017 02:49 PM
    Because buy an 8 plus get an 8 plus on us at T-Mobile means they only cost 450 each. Super deal vs an X.
    11-24-2017 12:33 PM
    Because buy an 8 plus get an 8 plus on us at T-Mobile means they only cost 450 each. Super deal vs an X.
    That’s it. My wife and daughter both got the 8 plus from AT&T for the same deal. Couldn’t pass it up.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-24-2017 06:24 PM
    That’s it. My wife and daughter both got the 8 plus from AT&T for the same deal. Couldn’t pass it up.
    That’s a great deal.
    The 8 Plus is still an amazing iPhone.
    etad putta and areyes163 like this.
    11-24-2017 08:31 PM
    I just finished ordering an 8 for my daughter and an 8 plus for me. I count convince myself to spend $1200 for two phones. I am going to get my son an iPad Mini 4 since he just got an iPhone 7 in February of this year.

I have a business plan so I can upgrade again in 10 months, just in time for next years iPhones.
    11-24-2017 11:20 PM
    I just finished ordering an 8 for my daughter and an 8 plus for me. I count convince myself to spend $1200 for two phones. I am going to get my son an iPad Mini 4 since he just got an iPhone 7 in February of this year.

I have a business plan so I can upgrade again in 10 months, just in time for next years iPhones.
    That’s great planning, enjoy your new iPhone!
    11-25-2017 03:46 AM
183 ... 5678