Well I just upgraded to the 8+ from the 7. My orignal intent was to get the 10. But I don't think I am ready to get rid of Touch ID. It's just too darn convenient.
    And the jump in screen size was more then enough for me. The 8+ is awesome. Super snappy, battery life seems to be great so far. And it's awesome just touching my phone for it to turn on!
    raphie, mumfoau, shaleem and 1 others like this.
    10-13-2017 11:43 PM
    For me personally I’d rather not buy a phone that’s a first year model. New form factor, ugly notch and FaceID. I upgraded from the 6S plus to the 8 plus and have no regrets. If the reviews are good over the next year the I might consider it next year but for now I’m a happy camper.
    Dennisgarcia and Jude526 like this.
    10-21-2017 01:05 PM
    I had to make the same decision, here is what it came down to...

1) Availability. The 8+ is out now, who knows when you can actually get your hands on an X
    2) It's not faster, in fact, with the X's higher def screen and higher fillrate required, graphics apps might be slower
    3) FaceID is unproven and likely to not be as good as finger scanner. Other companies have had it for years and it never caught on.
    4) That ugly damned notch in the screen, that protrudes into pics and videos you are viewing, or games you are playing. It's a really lazy design flow. They could have made the phone 2mm longer, but they chose to put sensors IN the viewing part of the screen and it looks horrendous
    5) $1000 for a 64gb phone in this day and age? [redacted] please...
    You should really read that article Apple put out about the FaceID technology. It isn’t like the other entries in the market.
    10-26-2017 07:40 PM
    You should really read that article Apple put out about the FaceID technology. It isn’t like the other entries in the market.
    It’s still a gimmick... I am selling my 8+ now that my Pixel 2 XL is here...
    10-26-2017 10:06 PM
    All those things on the X look really cool, but not being a die hard Apple fan (years of Windows Phone and Android) I opted to go with the 8+ simply to decide if I like the iOS experience. I had a 6S+ for a short while and liked it, but didn't have it long enough to really get a feel for the OS as a whole.

If I like it, I may opt for an X early next year after the hype has died down and they are easier to come by. Only time will tell.
    nikkisharif and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-26-2017 10:32 PM
    Tried to get the X but for whatever reason it didn't take.

Now have an 8+ ready for pickup at my Apple Store today. Reasons I'm not too bummed:

1) FaceID - not too sure about it but we'll see how people like it
    2) Screen size - I wanted a larger screen so was a tad disappointed it was only taller than my 6s
    3) Availability - if I could still get it I'd go ahead but it's at 6 weeks out now and I'm ready to update now

I'm sure there will be times I wish I had it, but I'm willing to let others work out the kinks in the new tech for now
    10-27-2017 07:50 AM
    I wasn’t really feeling Face ID, the notch, or the price tag but now I’m rethinking all of it! I’m having the same feeling I had in 2014 with the 6/6+...I got the 6 thinking I didn’t want to get the bigger phone. After a couple months I wish I’d got the bigger phone! Same thing now with the 8+ and X.
    11-07-2017 06:56 PM
    I wasn’t really feeling Face ID, the notch, or the price tag but now I’m rethinking all of it! I’m having the same feeling I had in 2014 with the 6/6+...I got the 6 thinking I didn’t want to get the bigger phone. After a couple months I wish I’d got the bigger phone! Same thing now with the 8+ and X.
    I’d say give it a try, and you can always return it within 14 days.

I prefer it over my Plus, and there’s always next year to get the rumored 6.4” X.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-07-2017 07:05 PM
    The iPhone X is a beautiful device. It’s weighty like the iPhone 4/4S, FaceID works better than expected, and the screen size makes it feel like an iPhone 8 Plus. It’s weird in that aspect, but I’m a good way. Anyway, outside of that, at least for me, you’re not missing anything with your iPhone 8 Plus.
    11-07-2017 07:21 PM
    For this generation I’ll stay with the traditional iPhone, so I bought an 8 Plus.
    A few reasons for me: price, I like Touch ID, I want a bigger screen, I think iOS 11 isn’t quite ready for the new generation.
    ajb1965 likes this.
    11-11-2017 08:58 PM
    For this generation I’ll stay with the traditional iPhone, so I bought an 8 Plus.
    A few reasons for me: price, I like Touch ID, I want a bigger screen, I think iOS 11 isn’t quite ready for the new generation.
    Great choice!
    Enjoy your 8 Plus.
    11-11-2017 09:52 PM
    I posted earlier in this thread that I’m not willing to give up the home button yet. Well, after reading reviews and playing with a store display I’m picking up the iPhone X this morning. Guess I have to eat my previous words.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-12-2017 08:40 AM
    I am someone who has always had to have the latest and greatest and always end up upgrading my device right away.
    Not this time though....surprisingly.
    I am actually sticking with the 8+. To me, that speaks to how great it is. Screen, battery, camera, performance. It’s all there.
    And Touch ID! Something the X is lacking and is a deal breaker.
    Maybe next here we will see. But good job 8+!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-12-2017 08:48 AM
    iPhone 8+ and happy with it.

X = Too small & too much money!
    11-12-2017 09:19 AM
    I'm not upgrading until next year, but if I did now, I'd get the 8 Plus. I like the screen size better than the X. Bezels don't bother me. I prefer a wider screen.
    11-12-2017 10:44 AM
    The iPhone X is a beautiful device. It’s weighty like the iPhone 4/4S, FaceID works better than expected, and the screen size makes it feel like an iPhone 8 Plus. It’s weird in that aspect, but I’m a good way. Anyway, outside of that, at least for me, you’re not missing anything with your iPhone 8 Plus.
    I totally agree!! The only reason I got the X was the smaller form factor & no home button. Otherwise, my new devices would be the 8 & 8 Plus instead of the 8 & X.

I posted earlier in this thread that I’m not willing to give up the home button yet. Well, after reading reviews and playing with a store display I’m picking up the iPhone X this morning. Guess I have to eat my previous words.
    We’ve all been there Hope you enjoy it
    TheLegoJoker and mumfoau like this.
    11-12-2017 11:55 AM
    Let us know your impressions
    11-13-2017 01:17 AM
    I am someone who has always had to have the latest and greatest and always end up upgrading my device right away.
    Not this time though....surprisingly.
    I am actually sticking with the 8+. To me, that speaks to how great it is. Screen, battery, camera, performance. It’s all there.
    And Touch ID! Something the X is lacking and is a deal breaker.
    Maybe next here we will see. But good job 8+!
    Well, the 8 Plus still is the greatest and latest somewhat
    11-13-2017 01:19 AM
    Ok so I found an X at a local apple store and reserved it. I walked out of the store with a the X but every since then I've been in remorse that I should've gotten the 8 plus. The face id is nice but not as quick as touch id, I feel like the screen is smaller bc it's not as wide. The only reason I stuck with getting the X after playing with the 8 plus is the camera. I take a lot of photos and videos, the dual stabilization is something I really wanted. Can anyone here help with this issue, is the 8 Plus camera better than the 7 Plus and is it close to the X??

One big issue with face id is that it doesn't read at certain angles. Like laying in bed or sitting at a desk, you have to be mostly on top of the phone. That is were touch id wins
    11-13-2017 02:01 PM
    It just felt too small.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    11-13-2017 06:57 PM
    Ok so I found an X at a local apple store and reserved it. I walked out of the store with a the X but every since then I've been in remorse that I should've gotten the 8 plus. The face id is nice but not as quick as touch id, I feel like the screen is smaller bc it's not as wide. The only reason I stuck with getting the X after playing with the 8 plus is the camera. I take a lot of photos and videos, the dual stabilization is something I really wanted. Can anyone here help with this issue, is the 8 Plus camera better than the 7 Plus and is it close to the X??

One big issue with face id is that it doesn't read at certain angles. Like laying in bed or sitting at a desk, you have to be mostly on top of the phone. That is were touch id wins
    The telephoto camera on the 8 Plus is an f/2.8 aperture, the one on the X is an f/2.4 aperture with Optical Image Stabilization. The front camera is technically the same but the X has portrait mode on the front camera, using the Face ID sensors. Otherwise the cameras are the same between the X and the 8 Plus.
    mach1man likes this.
    11-14-2017 12:09 AM
    The telephoto camera on the 8 Plus is an f/2.8 aperture, the one on the X is an f/2.4 aperture with Optical Image Stabilization. The front camera is technically the same but the X has portrait mode on the front camera, using the Face ID sensors. Otherwise the cameras are the same between the X and the 8 Plus.
    Those are some pretty big differences though, particularly the OIS on the telephoto lens. 2.4 vs 2.8 is pretty good too but that stabilizer works well. Used it last week on video and it was smooth!
    mach1man likes this.
    11-14-2017 06:42 PM
    Those are some pretty big differences though, particularly the OIS on the telephoto lens. 2.4 vs 2.8 is pretty good too but that stabilizer works well. Used it last week on video and it was smooth!
    Yes, I saw a comment elsewhere that the OIS on the telephoto camera was essentially equivalent to having about a f1.8 aperture on a non-stabilized camera -- so between the two it makes a big difference.
    mach1man likes this.
    11-15-2017 10:24 AM
    I preordered the X, went to my local store to order a Series 3 watch saw it on display, canceled my order and walked out with an 8Plus. #noregrets
    11-15-2017 04:59 PM
    My iPhone X is supposed to be on my desk tomorrow...but, ehhhhhhhh I dunno. I'm glad I have the 14-day trial...and a few days before I have to turn my 7+ in to Verizon.

I could keep my 7+...or be a new 8+ buyer if the shortcomings I hear that the X has are true.
    11-16-2017 12:30 PM
183 ... 45678