Getting an 8+ -- Why not the X?

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am just curious as to why some want the 8+ versus the X. I have no preference to either, personally, I am just more-so curious as to why others aren't going to the X.

Aquila

iMore Sith
Trusted Member
May 14, 2013
Visit site
1. Price
2. Availability
3. I want touchID
4. New tech usually is buggy ar start

Good answer.

Personally the price doesn't bother me for the X so long as I feel it's a better device than the 8 Plus (which I do). But if it takes longer to get and/or can't be gotten that's a problem. TouchID I'm a fan of that going away, at least from the front of the device. I would have been ok with keeping it, either as an under the display FPS or putting it on the back of the device. I'm not entirely sold on Face whatever, but I am curious about it.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have instant gratification issues. I passed up G6, S8, Moto Z2, Note 8. My time of passing up is over!

Also, I think the 8 Plus is going to look stunning with all that glass. Makes me reminisce about my super naked 4 and 4S....With Touch ID!

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I didn't get to watch the event live, but I caught up on the details from various websites. I just wasn't blow away by the X. I'm sure it'll be a great device, but I just didn't see enough to justify the added cost over an 8+. As much as I'd like the 10th anniversary iPhone, I think the 8+ will be enough for me, and really nice upgrade over my 6+

paulove

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
For me it's mostly availability and a little bit the high price. I will be going over to a contract where I can get a new phone every year and send the old back. And after reading that the X is a test run for next year's iPhone I will be getting 8 Plus now.

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I decided on the 8 plus for now. Still like my home button for apple pay. It's quicker than my apple watch which i could use instead of the face id or passcode on the X. I just like the button for apple pay and I like the finger print over face id.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
The X didn't wow me and I'd like for Apple to perfect a gesture based phone a little more since I have prior experience using that type of phone so the 8 Plus appeals more to me since I already have a 7 Plus.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
AT&T does the Next program and I LOVE it! Getting a new phone every year is awesome. I'm more willing to try and Android phone

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I’m getting the Note 8 since I got a good deal on it by being a Note 7 owner. If I find that I miss iOS too much and want to come back, I’ll sell the Note and get an 8 plus. No interest in the X, but very excited to try the Note 8.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I want the 8 Plus because:

1. I don't want to wait until November to get the X.
2. I don't have to buy new cases, I can keep using the ones I already have.
3. I still like Touch ID, but I also want wireless charging and the updated A11 chip.
4. I'm hoping for a bigger variant next year. (X / X Plus?)

(p.s. I'm a former Note 7 user who looked at the Note 8 and decided I'm not going back. I'm quite invested in the ecosystem now.)

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
If I were to get a new iPhone this year, it'd be the 8 Plus just because it almost has the same features as the X, but it costs like $300 less. I don't see any point in paying more for Animojis or for a device without a fingerprint sensor.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If I were to get a new iPhone this year, it'd be the 8 Plus just because it almost has the same features as the X, but it costs like $300 less. I don't see any point in paying more for Animojis or for a device without a fingerprint sensor.

The camera's are better on the X front and stabilized (both) on back, and I like the fact it's a bit taller w/o being as big as the 8+. Also longer battery life, and you can still charge it the old way, you don't have to use a wireless charging pad.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

$300? Try $200. 799 to 999.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I would love the X but I’ll be getting two devices for me and my wife so can’t afford it.

We will be joining the iPhone upgrade program ready for next year

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen