I'm getting both. Preorder the 8+ and use for a few weeks to replace my 7+. When preorders open up for the X, Pass the 8+ over to my wife (who is currently using a 6S+) and get the X for me. The only thing is since the 8+ is really going to be for my wife at some point I have to get either gold or silver. I don't like the white face fronts. So have to deal with it for a few weeks

Of course I could wait until the X is out and get both phones at the same time. But I'm too impatient for that lol.
    anon(27512) likes this.
    09-14-2017 10:07 AM
    1. Price
    2. Availability
    3. I want touchID
    4. New tech usually is buggy ar start
    This all plus the notch to me. I do a few casual games that I think the notch will get in the way, or make me hold the device a certain way.
    09-14-2017 10:20 AM
    Reachability is gone on the iPhone X while they've moved Control Centre etc to the upper corners of the even bigger screen. It's a usability nightmare and definitely a two handed phone now.
    And the huge "PLUS" line is not a two handed phone? How long are your thumbs?
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-14-2017 11:59 AM
    And the huge "PLUS" line is not a two handed phone? How long are your thumbs?
    Umm the huge 'Plus' line has 'Reachability' exactly for that purpose? That's my whole point. The Plus size phones, although larger than the iPhone X will much be much easier to use and handle
    TheLegoJoker and LCW like this.
    09-14-2017 12:01 PM
    Umm the huge 'Plus' line has 'Reachability' exactly for that purpose? That's my whole point. The Plus size phones, although larger than the iPhone X will much be much easier to use and handle
    I still find the PLUS models to not be one handed even with reachability. On my iPhone 7 (not plus) I have to use reachablity to hit the top right folders. ON a plus I can't reach that, it's still 2-handed for me. Plus much harder to carry. I am on the fence this year. Getting older I want the larger screen, but the plus is always a bit "too large." The X seems right, but the cost is outrageous, especially if you go with the 256GB, plus Apple Care, plus Tax, Plus case etc.. Maybe it's time to try the 8+. Not sure, will wait this year and not pre-order. My 7 is pristine and does what I want. That does not mean it's making the decision any easier, since I have always upgraded each year with the latest and greatest. Now there is two latest and greatest's and I am torn.
    dov1978 likes this.
    09-14-2017 12:09 PM
    I still find the PLUS models to not be one handed even with reachability. On my iPhone 7 (not plus) I have to use reachablity to hit the top right folders. ON a plus I can't reach that, it's still 2-handed for me. Plus much harder to carry. I am on the fence this year. Getting older I want the larger screen, but the plus is always a bit "too large." The X seems right, but the cost is outrageous, especially if you go with the 256GB, plus Apple Care, plus Tax, Plus case etc.. Maybe it's time to try the 8+. Not sure, will wait this year and not pre-order. My 7 is pristine and does what I want. That does not mean it's making the decision any easier, since I have always upgraded each year with the latest and greatest. Now there is two latest and greatest's and I am torn.
    With Reachability the upper opposite corners are just within reach for me so any bigger or wider and it would be too big. I totally get what you mean too because I also want the big screen but hate lugging a big heavy phone in my pockets, especially when I want to take my phone for any exercise. I had the Samsung Galaxy s8 Plus then the regular size s8 and I much preferred the regular s8 as it felt like a large screen phone in the body of a normal size phone. I think the X will feel much the same.
    09-14-2017 12:18 PM
    I love the smaller form factor of the X, and the OLED looks amazing. But for the additional premium, and lacking Touch ID (still not convinced with fID) I'll go 8 Plus tonight and let the X go through the rounds the first few months. I'll hop on one in Jan/Feb if reviews clear it.
    Actually I'm hoping that next year there will be two variants with this design. X & X Plus, if you will. I prefer the larger size of the Plus devices.
    Premium1 and robertk328 like this.
    09-14-2017 12:31 PM
    Actually I'm hoping that next year there will be two variants with this design. X & X Plus, if you will. I prefer the larger size of the Plus devices.
    I expect that to be the case if the X does well. It seems they did this to keep in line with the typical S line upgrades while testing a newer version with a drastically different design. I fully expect the X to do well and then next year we only see models like that going forward.
    09-14-2017 04:21 PM
    I expect that to be the case if the X does well. It seems they did this to keep in line with the typical S line upgrades while testing a newer version with a drastically different design. I fully expect the X to do well and then next year we only see models like that going forward.
    Hard to predict, but I think that the X will do well enough for this to happen.
    09-14-2017 04:32 PM
    I expect TouchID to be back next year underneath the screen. The tech wasn’t ready and they scrapped it. I could be wrong but I can’t see FaceID being the plan all along. I may get the 8 Plus and then upgrade to the next version of the X with TouchID in tow (if it happens) next year. I was a huge Android fan who upgraded yearly. My 6S Plus is the first smartphone I ever kept two years.
    toneofark and antm22 like this.
    09-14-2017 06:21 PM
    I expect TouchID to be back next year underneath the screen. The tech wasn’t ready and they scrapped it. I could be wrong but I can’t see FaceID being the plan all along. I may get the 8 Plus and then upgrade to the next version of the X with TouchID in tow (if it happens) next year. I was a huge Android fan who upgraded yearly. My 6S Plus is the first smartphone I ever kept two years.
    Fear not... they've already though of that
    Attached Thumbnails Getting an 8+ -- Why not the X?-yw8deeu.jpg  
    09-14-2017 07:35 PM
    I dumped Android and Samsung for Apple after being so damn frustrated. Made a great decision
    09-14-2017 08:02 PM
    Fear not... they've already though of that
    Not opening
    09-14-2017 09:14 PM
    My reason....I have zero patience to wait until November for a new phone.
    09-14-2017 10:14 PM
    This all plus the notch to me. I do a few casual games that I think the notch will get in the way, or make me hold the device a certain way.
    Ha ha good to know I'm not the only one bothered by that notch. I can't believe Apple went with that design choice. I think a thin bezel across the top to accommodate the sensors/speaker actually would've been the more elegant option.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    kimmh72 likes this.
    09-15-2017 03:18 AM
    My reason....I have zero patience to wait until November for a new phone.
    I was impatient as well, but then I decided to just wait it out.
    09-15-2017 03:44 AM
    You watch, next year all or maybe 1 iphone will be without bezels and starting price of 999$ that's the new future, especially since everyone and their mother is ordering the X
    09-15-2017 06:09 AM
    Pretty much the only reason I’m not getting the X, is because of the notch. I don’t even like how the notch looks in the Essential Phone, and it’s tiny compared to the iPhone’s notch. Maybe next year. For now I’ll be happy with the 8 plus.
    w00cash1020 likes this.
    09-15-2017 08:06 AM
    Battery life is better than the X. Also touch ID and Face ID to me nullifies one another and I prefer Touch ID so that's a win for me. Lastly even though 5'8 screen the aspect ratio actually makes it smaller for movies etc I'm not yet sold on the whole 18/9 aspect ratio.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    09-15-2017 08:29 AM
    Battery life is better than the X. Also touch ID and Face ID to me nullifies one another and I prefer Touch ID so that's a win for me. Lastly even though 5'8 screen the aspect ratio actually makes it smaller for movies etc I'm not yet sold on the whole 18/9 aspect ratio.
    Actually they said battery life is better on the X, about 2-hours

I had my heart set on the X and was going to pass last night (or this morning depending on how you look at it.) But I really pondered and my wife played devils advocate. I wanted a bigger screen from the basic iPhone 7, so was the X big enough? I don't like the notch, I don't like the facial recognition, I don't care a single !#$@# about the animojis.. I was getting the X because it is their new flagship product. My wife wants my iPhone 7 as he bent her 6 and the glass is coming out. Do I wait for the X and see if I like it and more importantly, would I be able to even get one, or just get the Space Gray 8-Plus 256GB, on my existing AT&T Next. Well I am posting in the 8+ forum, so you got my answer. Hopefully this time next week I will be unboxing.
    09-15-2017 12:13 PM
    Actually they said battery life is better on the X, about 2-hours

I had my heart set on the X and was going to pass last night (or this morning depending on how you look at it.) But I really pondered and my wife played devils advocate. I wanted a bigger screen from the basic iPhone 7, so was the X big enough? I don't like the notch, I don't like the facial recognition, I don't care a single !#$@# about the animojis.. I was getting the X because it is their new flagship product. My wife wants my iPhone 7 as he bent her 6 and the glass is coming out. Do I wait for the X and see if I like it and more importantly, would I be able to even get one, or just get the Space Gray 8-Plus 256GB, on my existing AT&T Next. Well I am posting in the 8+ forum, so you got my answer. Hopefully this time next week I will be unboxing.
    They said 2 hours better than the iPhone 8 not Plus
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-15-2017 12:17 PM
    Because I am not ready for a home buttonless iPhone just yet
    09-15-2017 12:18 PM
    For me, if I'm going to pay north of $1K, I want 512GB and I don't want an ugly notch obstructing the screen when I'm watching a show or movie.
    firstborn80 and Mr.Willie like this.
    09-15-2017 05:08 PM
    I’m definitely a person who leans more toward iOS than android but I’m taking advantage of the deal Samsung is offering former Note 7 owners to try the Note 8 this year. If for some reason I find it not to my liking I’ll either go back to the 7 plus I have now or get the 8 plus. I so wanted to be impressed by the iPhone X but it just didn’t do it for me. I like the home button. I love reachability. I like a screen without a huge notch across the top, although I noticed when I was backing out of my driveway yesterday that the back window of my Ford Flex is shaped like the iPhone X. The “notch” portion is where the middle break light sits. HAhaha!
    qbnkelt and ivanwi11iams like this.
    09-15-2017 05:48 PM
    The camera's are better on the X front and stabilized (both) on back, and I like the fact it's a bit taller w/o being as big as the 8+. Also longer battery life, and you can still charge it the old way, you don't have to use a wireless charging pad.
    I doubt the X will have better battery life than the 8 Plus. Or any Plus model, for that matter.
    09-16-2017 07:29 AM
183 1234 ...