Nervous

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Pre-order on Friday morning, is making me nervous...why don't they have more black colors? I feel like everyone will be going for the space grey.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Pre-order on Friday morning, is making me nervous...why don't they have more black colors? I feel like everyone will be going for the space grey.

You're probably right. I have the same feeling which is why I picked a backup color. I have a rose gold 7 Plus right now, and had a matte black for 9 months before that...Think I'll do silver as a secondary fail safe.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was interesting reintroducing space grey but it makes sense. You can’t have a glass-covered iPhone with a matte finish.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I just can't do the white on the front anymore. I have the gold iPhone 7, because it was the only iPhone available at ATT after the note 7 debacle

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You're probably right. I have the same feeling which is why I picked a backup color. I have a rose gold 7 Plus right now, and had a matte black for 9 months before that...Think I'll do silver as a secondary fail safe.

If I opt for the iPhone 8, I will definitely pick the silver color this time around.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Isn't the phone color shown in the keynote typically the one most go for? If so that would make space grey the color to have similar to jet black last year. Plus many on here have stated wanting a black phone so this would be the closest to that color. I think a backup color would be a good plan B to have in this case.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I've called right at presale time. Every time. And I get what I want. Every time. You just gotta be willing to call in the middle of the night

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh god, I hope so. I've visited a lot of sites and not a lot of people are happy with the X and are getting the 8 plus

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Oh god, I hope so. I've visited a lot of sites and not a lot of people are happy with the X and are getting the 8 plus

Will be interesting to see which phone most decide to pre-order. I think once we get some real world feedback that people's initial opinions may change.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
The silver is HOT.

I would probably go for the Space Gray colour. While the Silver does look nice, it just feels a little "plain" to me. It does seem a little weird for Apple to be re-introducing a colour they previously discontinued but as Rob Phillips said, You can’t have a glass-covered iPhone with a matte finish. :) Would have loved to see a White colour (Snow White, or Frost White) but Apple doesn't seem to be interested.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Also it seems a lot of people are bored with the 8/8+ models and are opting to wait for the X. /shrug

Yeah, I think thats exactly what Apple was going for. They want all the attention to go towards the iPhone X so they cant let it get upstaged by the iPhone 8. Naturally, it will be a "boring" iPhone in comparison. They were like "here is our new iPhone 8, we don't really care about it but if you want to get it you can. Now look at our actual flagship phone that looks great with all the new features." The iPhone 8 does look super similar to the iPhone 6, 6s and 7 but some people like the design and will be happy to stay with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro