iPhone 8 Plus Pricing - what do you think?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's been my thinking. Pricing will be interesting to see. I'm thinking the X replaces the 4.7" model with a larger version replacing the 5.5". But then, would pricing start at $999? Surely not. I think I'm thinking too much ahead.

I hope not!
$999 is a bit too much for the majority of people.

michial

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
Excellent price. For only $30 more than my 7 Plus 32gb I get 64gb plus everything better accept form factor which is actually ok with me. I also like the glass better in the hand and for scratch purposes. I also like the look of this form with the Touch ID. I’m happy with the 8 plus.

Spaz888

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I really don't know why the pricing had to increase. Likely it had to do with increase production costs and Apple insisting on maintaining their profit margin for each device they sell. In contrast, historically Samsung's devices were more expensive to produce; however, their profit margin was lower than Apple's...until now.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I really don't know why the pricing had to increase. Likely it had to do with increase production costs and Apple insisting on maintaining their profit margin for each device they sell. In contrast, historically Samsung's devices were more expensive to produce; however, their profit margin was lower than Apple's...until now.

Apparently the increase in price is due to Samsung increasing its OLED price.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh please no......don't make that hideous notch be the new normal.
Oh it will be there for a while. Apple is a business. They won't make a complete redesign again for at least another year. Cost money to do that. They will rehash this X design for at least another year but most likely more.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Apparently the increase in price is due to Samsung increasing its OLED price.

Umm... the 8 Plus uses LED, not OLED, so that wouldn't be the issue, unless their LED supplier has also increased prices.

What I heard is that supply of memory chips being made is lower than demand, which is pushing memory prices up. That is also allegedly the reason (or part of) that there are only 2 memory options on the various iPhone models this year.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Umm... the 8 Plus uses LED, not OLED, so that wouldn't be the issue, unless their LED supplier has also increased prices.

What I heard is that supply of memory chips being made is lower than demand, which is pushing memory prices up. That is also allegedly the reason (or part of) that there are only 2 memory options on the various iPhone models this year.

You are right! I thought this was the thread for the X, my apologies

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox