iPhone 8 Plus Pricing - what do you think?

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
8 plus pretty much the same as X I don't like the X because it's too pricey for face ID, animal emojis and landscape watching videos too awkward.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Basically expected it. Didn't expect only two storage choices though. That blindsided me.

Agreed! Plus the rumored price tag of over $1K for the X helped soften the blow a bit but the storage capacity offered did shock me. I thought the 64 GB was a joke especially for someone like me who already has 128 GB and is steadily adding music, photos, apps, videos, etc. to my phone.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Nothing shocked me about today EXCEPT the 2 storage options. I always say more storage is never a bad thing but 128 GB was pretty much the sweet spot for me. I have well over 100 GB of data on my phone, so I can't downgrade to a 64 GB at this point. 256 GB will just give me a ton more space for music and photos. Still trying to decide between the 8 Plus and the X. :confused:

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Agreed! Plus the rumored price tag of over $1K for the X helped soften the blow a bit but the storage capacity offered did shock me. I thought the 64 GB was a joke especially for someone like me who already has 128 GB and is steadily adding music, photos, apps, videos, etc. to my phone.

I'm an Apple Music junky and have so much downloaded to my phone it'd put SiriusXM to shame. 64 GB is cutting it close!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Give the X a year? It's an anniversary model. I don't see Apple going forward with 3 models each year.

I think he means it's new technology. We're in unexplored territory right now and for all we know, the new features in the X could be a busy. I'm sure the iPhones next year will include the features of the X - so "give it a year" to see how the technology pans out and decide if you want to take the jump then.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
What's your take on pricing for the iPhone 8 Plus?

• $799 USD for the 64 GB model
  • $949 USD for the 256 GB model
What say you?

Overall I'm pretty happy with it and is kinda what i expected. Seeing $7xx as a price tag for the "Plus" iPhone was already a tick in my books. Just allows more people to purchase a new iPhone. I feel like $899 would have been nicer for the $256GB model but i guess $949 is ok considering it is 256GB of storage. Thats pretty massive.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Give the X a year? It's an anniversary model. I don't see Apple going forward with 3 models each year.

The features/form factor will probably be what moves forward, going away from the current almost 10 year old look. I bet by next year all models look like the X.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Maybe, I think it will depend upon how well production goes. If they can get the yield to come up, then we might see them do away with the regular 7 or 8 type iPhone and go with the size they have now and a plus size.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The features/form factor will probably be what moves forward, going away from the current almost 10 year old look. I bet by next year all models look like the X.

Yeah, that's been my thinking. Pricing will be interesting to see. I'm thinking the X replaces the 4.7" model with a larger version replacing the 5.5". But then, would pricing start at $999? Surely not. I think I'm thinking too much ahead.