Official: iPhone 8 Plus Pre-Order / Waiting Room

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Preordered a space gray 8+ 64 gig. I only upgraded for the storage and wireless charging it’s almost the same price monthly on my bill as the 7 + so why not? Lol

Get what you want, I did.. but mostly the answer to your "why not" is that you may have had your 7+ paid off in 12 months, and now you will be paying the same for about 30-months. That's usually why.. just saying.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
My order status is still showing as preparing for shipment but my wife and I have found our UPS tracking numbers. We're getting closer!

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
My order status is still showing as preparing for shipment but my wife and I have found our UPS tracking numbers. We're getting closer!

This is driving me crazy. I got my preorder in on the Apple app for a sim free iPhone 8 Plus within 5 min of the preorder going live. Got a delivery confirmation date of 9/22/17. Order is currently in the Preparing for Shipment status since Saturday but for some reason no matter what I try with the UPS or FedEx Track by Reference option , it cannot find anything. I have tried both my numbers associated with my Apple account as wells as different combos of my Apple order number.

Apple has assured me I will receive it by the scheduled delivery date of 9/22/17. But the fact that the track by reference is not working for me is concerning considering the past two pre orders for the 6s and the 7 Plus I was able to track early with the track by reference option.

I know it’s my OCD kicking in but damnit I want to be able to see it moving along like I have previously lol.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
This is driving me crazy. I got my preorder in on the Apple app for a sim free iPhone 8 Plus within 5 min of the preorder going live. Got a delivery confirmation date of 9/22/17. Order is currently in the Preparing for Shipment status since Saturday but for some reason no matter what I try with the UPS or FedEx Track by Reference option , it cannot find anything. I have tried both my numbers associated with my Apple account as wells as different combos of my Apple order number.

Apple has assured me I will receive it by the scheduled delivery date of 9/22/17. But the fact that the track by reference is not working for me is concerning considering the past two pre orders for the 6s and the 7 Plus I was able to track early with the track by reference option.

I know it’s my OCD kicking in but damnit I want to be able to see it moving along like I have previously lol.

You'll still get it Friday. My wife's didn't show up in the UPS system until a full day after mine.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Get what you want, I did.. but mostly the answer to your "why not" is that you may have had your 7+ paid off in 12 months, and now you will be paying the same for about 30-months. That's usually why.. just saying.

True but an inconsequential move for anyone looking to upgrade every year ;)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

It is your OCD. Some advice: calm down. Lol.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I was planning to wait for the X to come out and then decided Sunday morning to get the 8 plus, which meant I was late on pre-ordering through T-Mobile. I ordered a space gray 64gb for myself and my husband and a gold 64gb for my daughter. Both space gray iPhone 8 plus said they will ship on the 21st or 22nd and the gold iPhone 8 plus won’t ship till the 27th. Unfortunately you never know with T-Mobile until the actual release date whether or not you will get the phones on the actual date that given when ordered.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
True but an inconsequential move for anyone looking to upgrade every year ;)

Depends on the carrier, as AT&T has dropped the 50% pay off, it's 80% now on 30-Months. I can't say about Verizon or Sprint or T-Mobile. But on AT&T you have to pay off $759.99 of the $949.99 before you can upgrade = 2 years.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the carrier, as AT&T has dropped the 50% pay off, it's 80% now on 30-Months. I can't say about Verizon or Sprint or T-Mobile. But on AT&T you have to pay off $759.99 of the $949.99 before you can upgrade = 2 years.

No. The 50% payoff is available on next every year (24 payments) The 80% is on next (30 payments). So anyone that wants to upgrade every year should get their device on next every year and after 12 payments or 50% payoff, turn in the device and get the new one. See the screenshots. Anyhow, both of these are still available when purchasing any new phone.

I always enroll in next every year because I can't keep the same device longer than a year lol. Yes, I have a problem. I've learned to live with it
e112cf5e4f8f96a6c5283fed81e1f314.png
bad4c6e28be30cf2ad63551cbae39c95.png

Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone currently holding off on upgrading to iPhone 11 until you get your new phone? I am. I want to use the updated OS on the new device so everything feels kinda new, even though the OS and phone don't change much lol.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No. The 50% payoff is available on next every year (24 payments) The 80% is on next (30 payments). So anyone that wants to upgrade every year should get their device on next every year and after 12 payments or 50% payoff, turn in the device and get the new one. See the screenshots. Anyhow, both of these are still available when purchasing any new phone.

I always enroll in next every year because I can't keep the same device longer than a year lol. Yes, I have a problem. I've learned to live with it

I saw that too, and I called AT&T and even did an AT&T chat and they said they are only doing the 30-months on the 8+ / X. I have always been on the 24-month plan too, iPhone 6 iPhone 7, etc.. but there was no actual way of doing it with the iPhone 8+. Believe me I tried and I called and I chatted.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I saw that too, and I called AT&T and even did an AT&T chat and they said they are only doing the 30-months on the 8+ / X. I have always been on the 24-month plan too, iPhone 6 iPhone 7, etc.. but there was no actual way of doing it with the iPhone 8+. Believe me I tried and I called and I chatted.

I have the 24 months on my 8+ with being able to get new phone at 12 months.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the 24 months on my 8+ with being able to get new phone at 12 months.

Don't know why I could not get it.. I always have in the past. I have a sterling record with AT&T with never a late payment and have been with them close to 15 years. I have a few iPhones and iPads and all paid off on time w/o issue. But they insisted there is no way of getting a 24-month this time. Lucky you!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

They lied to you man lol. I signed up easily for Next every year on preorder night. Even on Apple's website I actually think you could only sign up for next every year lol. I just wanted to make sure every knows that it's still available from your previous comment because it's not gone.
cecf31433a68b4ff9790cfcbded17ee7.png

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
They lied to you man lol. I signed up easily for Next every year on preorder night. Even on Apple's website I actually think you could only sign up for next every year lol. I just wanted to make sure every knows that it's still available from your previous comment because it's not gone.

I contacted AT&T again, online chat and I copied/pasted the info from the chat the day before. They apologized, as I am not the only one this happened to on launch night. Some did not have a choice at checkout, there was only one (1) NEXT plan and it defaulted to the 30-month. They could not do anything today, but they noted my account and said when I get my phone on Friday, call on Saturday and I have 14 days from the time the phone arrives to make any changes to my account or return the phone. They said they can then put me on the 24-Month Next plan.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I contacted AT&T again, online chat and I copied/pasted the info from the chat the day before. They apologized, as I am not the only one this happened to on launch night. Some did not have a choice at checkout, there was only one (1) NEXT plan and it defaulted to the 30-month. They could not do anything today, but they noted my account and said when I get my phone on Friday, call on Saturday and I have 14 days from the time the phone arrives to make any changes to my account or return the phone. They said they can then put me on the 24-Month Next plan.

That's good to hear. And yes they should be able to change it because you're well within your return period and you could technically return the phone and then buy again. So to avoid all of that it's just easier to make the change. I'm glad they'll fix it for you.

bailbrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Me! Every year (or at least, this the 3rd year of me upgrading every year). Like you, I want to experience the new OS features, regardless of how minor, on my new phone. :)

Edited - I suck at forums, forgot to quote the person I was replying to. Lol. This was in reply to the question asking about those waiting to use their new device with OS 11. :)

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The morning I ordered, I almost by mistake clicked on 30 months, and then figured out how to change it to 24. Yea, I have a short attention span when it comes to phones. Plus, i’m More willing to take chances on phones that I will only have for a year

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The morning I ordered, I almost by mistake clicked on 30 months, and then figured out how to change it to 24. Yea, I have a short attention span when it comes to phones. Plus, i’m More willing to take chances on phones that I will only have for a year

Worse case as mentioned above, I can just return the phone and then reorder later. I did not "need" the iPhone 8+, as my 7 is perfectly fine. However i did order a couple cases and chargers from Amazon, so I guess I will need an 8+ sometime.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner