Official: iPhone 8 Plus Pre-Order / Waiting Room

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
for me, personally, i'm a photographer/graphic designer so things like camera are usually what win me over with phones. so in that regard, the 8+ was a given. i DID buy a pop socket so i can hold on to it better. I have tiny girl hands.

I'm sitting at $949 for the model i want. which is a lot. but i honestly plan on buying this one and keeping it until it dies. so go big or go home i guess. if you're planning on upgrading again next year, that's something to consider.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Your right, I'm jut SO afraid the space grey will be sold out, in the last 2 minutes of ordering Friday morning! I'm thinking like I did with the watch, and go for the most unpopular color lol

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Your right, I'm jut SO afraid the space grey will be sold out, in the last 2 minutes of ordering Friday morning! I'm thinking like I did with the watch, and go for the most unpopular color lol

The Plus is huge, but at the end of the day it is worth it.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
No matter which size I decide on, there is something about the iPhone, and the way it feels in my hand. Perfect balance, and a solid feel, so smooth. I'll probably end up with the plus do to its camera

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
No matter which size I decide on, there is something about the iPhone, and the way it feels in my hand. Perfect balance, and a solid feel, so smooth. I'll probably end up with the plus do to its camera

Yep!
Not only do you get the dual camera system, but a better and larger display with amazing battery life.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
What cracks me up are people saying, "most people aren't getting the X, because they can't afford it lol! Which is funny, because the plus with 256, is pretty darn close. Smh...silly humans

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
What cracks me up are people saying, "most people aren't getting the X, because they can't afford it lol! Which is funny, because the plus with 256, is pretty darn close. Smh...silly humans

It is isn’t it.
A recent poll showed that a lot of people are leaning towards the X.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I bet, I just don't have the patience for waiting. Oh and I hope they are, better chance for me to get the black 256 8 plus ??????

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
For me I'm going with the 8+ just because of that darn notch. I don't want to have any apps/screens hindered or that I have to hold the device a certain way to have the notch not cover a part of the app. I had been debating about getting the + model for some time sticking with the standard one, but I think it is time to make the move to the bigger one.

Now to decide 64 GB or 256 GB. The 7 I have with 32 GB is just too short on memory. I'll probably go with 256 just to make sure that I don't have to worry about storage.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually looking forward to waking up to preorder. This will be the first time since my 6s that I'm preordering.

Edit - I take that back. First preorder since the 6. Been a while.

Last edited:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

The X is a more than a bit more if you add it all up..

Phone: $1149
Apple Care: $199 (if you get it or SQ Trade $129)
Case: $49 to $99 (if you want one)
Zagg Glass Screen Cover $45 (if you want one)
Tax: $150 (depending on city)
Qi charger $15 to $200 (depending what you want, if you want one)

So could be $1150 if you're tax free or $1700. Granted $1150 is only a bit higher, but $1700 is much higher.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes but the + at nearly the same starting price and all of the things you just added to it, would still be the same. At least for the X 64 GB model.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
If I were to get it on release date, it'd be 256GB Space Gray.
I might wait for a couple of months, though, to see if they ever release a 128GB or another color like Product RED or Rose Gold.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I swear to god, if Apple doesn't have enough 8 plus phones, and they say "GOSH! We didn't expect the demand!" I'm buying a note 8!

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Probably going with 64g in silver from AT&T. Alarm is already set for 4 am. Hope it's not sold out.

Edit- make that 3 am.

Last edited: