Display issues with iPhone 7 after opening

bookrus20

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Yesterday, I opened my iPhone to fix a noise issue. I fixed it once before by tightening some screws. The first time, it worked perfectly. This time, after I fixed it, I closed the case and the display was messed up. I'm assuming I damaged something. Can anyone tell me what part is damaged? I can still use the phone and the degree to which it's messed up varies. There is a purple bleed in the upper left corner. A line across the top and vertical white lines. It will also open apps on it's own. I noticed that some of the black covering is worn off. Could this be the issue? Thanks!

DSCN4620_e.jpg

DSCN4627.JPG

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This is why I don’t mess with my device. I let Apple fix it.
Most likely the connector cable of your screen is broken. You’ll need a new screen to fix it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet is to go to the ifixit website and view one of their numerous how to videos. They’re pretty in-depth and may provide the answer(s) you seek.

bookrus20

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Thanks, but I don't think this is the issue. The screws that I tightened were around the taptic engine and I didn't make them super tight. The taptic engine shouldn't affect the display, right? The home button and touch still work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711