iPhone Bluetooth calls auto transfer to speaker phone (iPhone 7 / 13.1.2)

TGB77

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
When I'm connected to Bluetooth in my car, my calls automatically get routed to the iPhone's speaker phone, not to Bluetooth. To get it to go to Bluetooth, I have to press one of the three white bars on the phone which says Bluetooth. For example, while connected to Bluetooth, I say "Hey SIRI, call George", and I hear the Bluetooth audio saying "calling George on speaker", then it starts ringing on the iPhone's speaker phone rather than the Bluetooth system. If I say "Hey SIRI, call George on speaker", it still uses the speaker phone and if I say "Hey SIRI, call George on Bluetooth", it still uses the speaker phone.

I tried doing a 'forget Bluetooth' and re-establishing the Bluetooth, but that did not help.
I checked all settings on the phone and can't find anything which would control how calls are handled in this situation.

Prior to updating from 12.1.4 to 13.1.2, if I said "Hey SIRI, call George", it was immediately transferred to the Bluetooth and the call conducted on Bluetooth.

Does anyone have any clue what may be going on?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Irrelevant, as it worked fine - as it's supposed to work - prior to the update from 12.1.4 to 13.1.2.

Have you tried wiping and setting up as a new device, just to make sure you have a 100% clean install of iOS 13?

Last edited:

TGB77

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried wiping and setting up as a new device, just to make sure you have a 100% clean install of iOS 13?
Thanks for that idea. I'd rather steer away from that, as I don't know what wiping the phone clean and setting up as a new device will do.

I was finally able to get through to Apple tech support. I was still with 13.1.2 at the time. They said this was a known issue and was fixed with 13.1.3. But after installing 13.1.3, it was still exhibiting this problem. I have since escalated this with Apple and am currently awaiting their response.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that idea. I'd rather steer away from that, as I don't know what wiping the phone clean and setting up as a new device will do.

I was finally able to get through to Apple tech support. I was still with 13.1.2 at the time. They said this was a known issue and was fixed with 13.1.3. But after installing 13.1.3, it was still exhibiting this problem. I have since escalated this with Apple and am currently awaiting their response.

You could try resetting network settings. That will also clear out anything with Bluetooth.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro