Help!!! iPhone photos don't upload to iCloud. How do I force an upload?

TGB77

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
I have an iPhone7 and have the iCloud 2TB plan and am currently at about 100GB. My photos & videos aren't auto-uploading as promised. About 80% of my photos and videos uploaded to iCloud, but the rest aren't uploading. I called Apple and the two most common reasons for the photos/videos not uploading have been ruled out:
1) phone can't connect to the Apple web page
2) don't have enough storage.

A senior tech is working on this, but he doesn't know of any other reasons the photos/videos wouldn't upload.

Is there any way to force the photos to upload?

All the sources I have found - not to mention what Apple says - say that the upload should occur automatically which is why there is no need for a "force upload". Since the techs are aware of situations in which the photos aren't auto-uploading, it raises another question: why isn't there a "force upload" button?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have discovered that not all my photos upload at the same time. Not a big deal for me but they should upload shortly after taking the photo. That also depends on if you have upload over LTE enabled and what your network speeds are.

TGB77

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
I have discovered that not all my photos upload at the same time. Not a big deal for me but they should upload shortly after taking the photo. That also depends on if you have upload over LTE enabled and what your network speeds are.
Thanks for the response. I'm hoping more can chime in so I can get to the bottom of this mysterious problem.

My photos were also uploading shortly after I took them. But then the uploads stopped and not even Apple knows why.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I'm hoping more can chime in so I can get to the bottom of this mysterious problem.

My photos were also uploading shortly after I took them. But then the uploads stopped and not even Apple knows why.

Very odd. Sometimes I can take a photo on my iPhone and it almost immediately appears in Photos on MacBook Pro, then sometimes it takes forever. Since I only use wifi at home, I lean toward Tmobile as my issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods