Camera shakiness

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
When I zoom in to take pictures my camera shakes really bad. I don’t know if its been dropped it one too many times or what. I have not noticed anything else out of the ordinary. I don’t know if it’s part of the software or want

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When I zoom in to take pictures my camera shakes really bad. I don’t know if its been dropped it one too many times or what. I have not noticed anything else out of the ordinary. I don’t know if it’s part of the software or want

Definitely not normal. I suggest a Genius Bar appointment at the Apple Store so they can do a diagnostic test on your iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just started seeing this yesterday or Thursday. When I zoom in to take pictures my camera shakes really bad. I don’t know if its been dropped it one too many times or what. I have not noticed anything else out of the ordinary. I don’t know if it’s part of the software or want. I took this picture at work yesterdayView attachment 125891

If you’re pinching to zoom then you’re using the camera’s digital zoom feature in which shaking is common. Either tap the 2x option or use portrait mode.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If you’re pinching to zoom then you’re using the camera’s digital zoom feature in which shaking is common. Either tap the 2x option or use portrait mode.

Interesting. I just tested this theory with my Max and I'm not getting the shakes

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When I pinch and zoom, the photos come out fine, however, the image, when viewed on the display is shakey...especially at the max zoom range. See the attached video.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ItHVchTH9luSq1XoIj4rjeVA

Mine shakes a little at max zoom (10X), but when I put my iPhone or myself on something solid the shakes/movement become very minor and/or non existent. I'm not sure this is what the OP is referring to.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I chatted with Apple. I’m trying to figure out if I should do a factory reset like the guy suggested or if I should just forget everything and go in tomorrow

I would follow Apple's instructions to start with. I know lots of work....LOL. Might save you a trip if that fixes the problem.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I would follow Apple's instructions to start with. I know lots of work....LOL. Might save you a trip if that fixes the problem.

But set it up as a new device and don't restore from backup just in case something you currently have installed is causing the issue. If that doesn't resolve it then I'd definitely visit the Apple store "genius" bar. Sorry, I have to put that word in quote marks. :)

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Here is the verdict. I ended up going to the Apple Store as my appointment was at 1:40. The re-storing of my phone “as new” did not help. I ended up having to get a new rear camera. I now have all my apps, etc.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Here is the verdict. I ended up going to the Apple Store as my appointment was at 1:40. The re-storing of my phone “as new” did not help. I ended up having to get a new rear camera. I now have all my apps, etc.

Thanks for letting us know the verdict. Glad you got everything straightened out.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, that's crazy. I have seem something similar before but I was also at an NHRA top fuel drag race and the vibration when those dragsters launch is nasty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711