When the outside light changes iPhone brightness changes automatically.
    01-23-2019 12:23 AM
    If you have Auto-Brightness turned off in Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations that shouldn’t be happening. Are you sure the brightness is actually adjusting? Smartphone displays are naturally going to look dimmer in bright light. Try going into a dark room and turning the lights on and off. Are you seeing the display change?
    01-23-2019 06:49 AM
    If you have Auto-Brightness turned off in Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations that shouldn’t be happening. Are you sure the brightness is actually adjusting? Smartphone displays are naturally going to look dimmer in bright light. Try going into a dark room and turning the lights on and off. Are you seeing the display change?
    They didn’t reply so I will, the same thing is happening to me and I definitely have auto brightness turned off. I’m sitting here in my living room with my brightness all the way up, my phone is not on low power mode or anything and it just randomly gets like 20% darker. During that time the top 40% of my brightness slider doesn’t do anything then a few minutes later it just suddenly gets bright again and the top part of my brightness slider actually works. And i swear my auto brightness is turned off.
    04-19-2019 04:19 PM
    They didn’t reply so I will, the same thing is happening to me and I definitely have auto brightness turned off. I’m sitting here in my living room with my brightness all the way up, my phone is not on low power mode or anything and it just randomly gets like 20% darker. During that time the top 40% of my brightness slider doesn’t do anything then a few minutes later it just suddenly gets bright again and the top part of my brightness slider actually works. And i swear my auto brightness is turned off.
    I grabbed my son’s iPhone 7, disabled auto-brightness and then raised the brightness level to its brightest setting. Afterwards, I went into dark closet. The brightness level remained at its brightest setting and did not adjust until after I re-enables the auto-brightness setting.

Having said that, either try rebooting the device, update the iOS version (if applicable) or reinstall iOS and then set it up as a new device.
    04-19-2019 05:26 PM
    I grabbed my son’s iPhone 7, disabled auto-brightness and then raised the brightness level to its brightest setting. Afterwards, I went into dark closet. The brightness level remained at its brightest setting and did not adjust until after I re-enables the auto-brightness setting.

Having said that, either try rebooting the device, update the iOS version (if applicable) or reinstall iOS and then set it up as a new device.
    I have an iPhone 8 plus and I have actually done all of those things already but it still does it sometimes and I swear I’m not kidding. I feel like there is a weird setting somewhere or something that is making it happen because I don’t know what else the problem could be.
    04-20-2019 09:13 PM
    I have an iPhone 8 plus and I have actually done all of those things already but it still does it sometimes and I swear I’m not kidding. I feel like there is a weird setting somewhere or something that is making it happen because I don’t know what else the problem could be.
    If it were me, I’d restore it and set it up as a new device to see if it resolves the problem. If it does then you can assume it was a glitch of some sort, but if it doesn’t then the problem could be sensor related or something.
    04-21-2019 08:18 AM
    If it were me, I’d restore it and set it up as a new device to see if it resolves the problem. If it does then you can assume it was a glitch of some sort, but if it doesn’t then the problem could be sensor related or something.
    Alright, i’ll try that at some point thanks
    04-23-2019 03:04 AM