earpiece not working in-call. h/w or s/w issue? plz help....earpiece not working in-call. h/w or s/w issue? plz help....-img_20181210_194327__01.jpg
    music/youtube sound playing fine from earpiece.
    12-10-2018 09:26 AM
    Have you tried a hard reset? That is hold the power and volume down buttons together (at the same time) for about 30 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. If it's still not working then you are probably gonna want to take it to an Apple store for a diagnostic, this SHOULD be free, but if they detect an issue there may be a cost to fix it, since you are probably out of warranty. If they don't detect a hardware issue then the next step would be a factory reset. It's a PIA, BUT it worth the effort to fix the problem. Worst, WORST case scenario, you can still use the phone, and just take calls on the speaker phone, OR with a Bluetooth headset.
    Nikhil Jain10 likes this.
    12-10-2018 10:44 AM
    not working...
    12-19-2018 04:37 AM
    If it's still not working then you are probably gonna want to take it to an Apple store for a diagnostic, this SHOULD be free, but if they detect an issue there may be a cost to fix it, since you are probably out of warranty.
    Ok THIS is the next step.
    12-19-2018 01:12 PM
    Is this an iPhone 7 by chance? Read an article where the greyed our speaker button is a problem with them. Does the mic work? Try recording a voice memo to see.
    12-19-2018 03:57 PM
    Is this an iPhone 7 by chance? Read an article where the greyed our speaker button is a problem with them. Does the mic work? Try recording a voice memo to see.
    MacRumors had an article on this recently. Apparently for a brief time Apple was doing a free repair, but has gone back to charging a fee to fix/repair this issue (for iPhone 7 & 7 Plus).

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/12/17...ophone-defect/
    Tpence2177 likes this.
    12-19-2018 05:32 PM
    MacRumors had an article on this recently. Apparently for a brief time Apple was doing a free repair, but has gone back to charging a fee to fix/repair this issue (for iPhone 7 & 7 Plus).

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/12/17...ophone-defect/
    That’s exactly where I saw it. Just didn’t know if it was cool to link it
    MasterDarque likes this.
    12-19-2018 09:24 PM
    That’s exactly where I saw it. Just didn’t know if it was cool to link it
    My understanding is that you can link to an occasional (non MoNa) article once in awhile, you just are not supposed to go overboard with them.
    Tpence2177 likes this.
    12-19-2018 09:28 PM
    My understanding is that you can link to an occasional (non MoNa) article once in awhile, you just are not supposed to go overboard with them.
    More or less. I tell my Q&A volunteers, to first try to find an iMore blog or thread on it (OR another Mobile Nations site), THEN a manufacturer's support, FAQ etc, and THEN if all else fails, a blog or thread from another site. THE most important thing is that the question gets answered and the member helped!
    MasterDarque likes this.
    12-20-2018 09:21 AM
    More or less. I tell my Q&A volunteers, to first try to find an iMore blog or thread on it (OR another Mobile Nations site), THEN a manufacturer's support, FAQ etc, and THEN if all else fails, a blog or thread from another site. THE most important thing is that the question gets answered and the member helped!
    Thanks for the clarification.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-20-2018 09:33 AM