Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more! | Order: AirPods 2 | New iPhones
    Hello,

I recently got an iPhone7 and now notice that contrary to what the manual says, pressing the sleep/wake button doesn't end a call. I'd like to know if this is an error in the manual or if my phone is defective.

If you're curious if your phone has the same problem, try this: call someone and record a message; to end the call, press the sleep/wake button (as the manual says the call can be ended). Then five to ten seconds later, press the round button at the bottom front. Then see if the timer on the call is still going. If it is, say something else into the phone. Then press the proper number to end the recording and then review the call. See if it recorded the part AFTER you pressed the sleep/wake button.
    Last edited by Rob Phillips; 12-06-2018 at 05:29 AM.
    12-06-2018 01:46 AM
    Yes, pressing the sleep/wake button ends the call. If that’s not the case with your phone you may want to perform a hard reset or, if you’re still having a problem, reset to factory settings and reinstall iOS.

FYI—I removed the link you posted as it was to a third party (not Apple) and it’s irrelevant to your main question.
    Tartarus likes this.
    12-06-2018 05:35 AM
    Yes, pressing the sleep/wake button ends the call. If that’s not the case with your phone you may want to perform a hard reset or, if you’re still having a problem, reset to factory settings and reinstall iOS.

FYI—I removed the link you posted as it was to a third party (not Apple) and it’s irrelevant to your main question.
    On my iPhone 7, a press of the sleep/wake button doesn't always end a call. To guarantee that the sleep/wake button ends the user must press it five times.

How is one supposed to end a call if they don't have the luxury of looking at the phone to ensure they press the red button?
    04-22-2019 07:20 AM