So today I accidentally dropped my iPhone 7 into water like 5cm depth and I took it out inmmediatelly but it fully sumerged in the water. I turned it off and let it dry, 10 hours later I turned it on and it seems fine, it works normal but I shaked it to see if it had water on the speaker and I noticed that I can hear a sound inside the top of the phone, near the camera and apple's logo, is that normal? or does it comes from the water of today? It only sounds when I shake it, like if it had something loose inside.
    06-21-2018 01:43 AM
    So today I accidentally dropped my iPhone 7 into water like 5cm depth and I took it out inmmediatelly but it fully sumerged in the water. I turned it off and let it dry, 10 hours later I turned it on and it seems fine, it works normal but I shaked it to see if it had water on the speaker and I noticed that I can hear a sound inside the top of the phone, near the camera and apple's logo, is that normal? or does it comes from the water of today? It only sounds when I shake it, like if it had something loose inside.
    Should take the device into your local Repair shop and have the device checked out as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your phone.
    06-21-2018 02:50 AM
    Water shouldn’t make any sound in such devices.
    I’m afraid something else is loose.
    See if your device functions properly. If not, contact https://support.apple.com and inform about your options.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    06-21-2018 03:34 AM