iPhone 7 Question need assistance.

LightenSkies

May 23, 2018
Visit site
Hello everyone. I recently bought an iPhone 7 32gb for 90 dollars well did a trade of an iPhone 6 16gb with half with cash. And I been trying to get the phone repaired. I recently went to a place to get the screen of the iPhone 7 fixed which turn out great. Though Im a little on the fence about trying to get the rear camera Len fix since im not sure or 100% positive the place I went to can do it or know how. I know when I ask if they could do a housing replacement the lady said she never have done that. Though With that said. Is there a place anyone know I can go to or send my phone to within Cali? Im near San Diego County lines. And would like to not only get the Lens fixed and also get a new Housing for the phone as its kinda scuffed up from the previous owner. :) Thank you in advance if anyone has any ideas. :) And what also would be a good choice of buying a housing replacement if I have to buy that piece on my own any recommendations? I've looked on ebay and found some but some seem well unsure of what which one to pick of good quality. Thanks again :)

P.S. I also notice since the screen repair of the iPhone 7 that the home button is rather Sensitive when I press on it to like open multitask window or wanting to do other things it does a lot of vibrating along with it. I've gone to the place I had the screen repair to see if they can reset the home button thinking that perhaps they didn't place it back on correctly though it seems its coming back after nearly 24 hours of it seem to have worked fine. Other thing I notice it seems to go away upon rebooting the phone only works temporary even did a power button plus volume down to force it to reboot. Just to see if that may solve the issue. It seems to for now... Any idea what could be causing it to do that? Thanks an advance. :)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With the money you are possibly spending on repairs, you could may have been able to buy a new iPhone 7 outright.......I would take the device to an Apple Store and let them do a diagnostics test to let you know what all is wrong with the device and an approximate amount to get it all repaired.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello there @GhostEchelon. Welcome to iMore.

When you get a moment, feel free to introduce yourself here:
https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

Anytime the case on an electronic device is opened, either by the manufacturer, and authorized retailer, or a 3rd party, there's always going to be a chance that something else is going to happen.

As @Just_Me_D stated, make an appointment with the Genius Bar and let them run diagnostics on the device.

Hope this helps!

~Lee Bo

LightenSkies

May 23, 2018
Visit site
Hello there @GhostEchelon. Welcome to iMore.

When you get a moment, feel free to introduce yourself here:
https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

Anytime the case on an electronic device is opened, either by the manufacturer, and authorized retailer, or a 3rd party, there's always going to be a chance that something else is going to happen.

As @Just_Me_D stated, make an appointment with the Genius Bar and let them run diagnostics on the device.

Hope this helps!

~Lee Bo

Thank you. Though has the policy changed with apple an iPhone glass that been changed that they will now still fix some other problem as long as it wasn't replaced by third party? i.e. the home button the original home button. Also the lcd is also original. Only thing was changed out was the glass screen not the lcd itself. I read some were that apple will now fix a iPhone or am I reading that wrong? I would hate to walk in and tell them that I had the glass replace and they just turn me away to not ever fix the home button. I haven't had the itme to schedule an appointment as I don't have the money. Though since im here would they also fix a camera len that has a hairline scarch on it? And what about the backplate would they be willing to fix that up or take it off and put a new backplate too?