First of all, I need an smart answer, not answers like "mine works perfect, go to an Apple Store" cuz that is USELESS and those answer are ALWAYS present when somebody asks something, so, if that is your answer, please DONT POST IT, thanks.

Well, I will explain my experience, I got an iPhone 7 (brand new) last december (2017), everything was fine until iOS11.3; Im not a heavy user and my battery last the whole day, but there is something that drives me crazy; the "Battery health" indicator, when I did the update to iOS11.3 it showed "100%" of capacity, that was maybe two months ago (february 2018), I didnt really pay attention to that, and in a matter of weeks, it went from 100 to 97, and that was weird cuz I use my device as always.
    Last week I checked it and for my surprise battery health showed 96% of capacity, and right now (may 8) I checked it and it says 94%!, how is that possible?!, I use the original charger and wire, I cant undertand how it goes from 99 to 97 in two months and in just a week it goes from 96 to 94!, that makes me very angry, I cant understand how is that even possible cuz it doesnt have any sense.
    I did not tryed a factory reset or a soft reset cuz phone works just fine, but that battery health option makes me feel like if my battery is dying quickly and that is not normal, one of my friends got an iPhone in december too and his battery is still in 99%.

Any idea?

Thanks.
    05-08-2018 11:15 PM
    I'm on iOS 10.1.1. with my 6s Plus. So, I don't have the battery health feature in iOS 11. I do have 3rd party apps that show it. And they vary a % or two. I got curious and downloaded one of the 3rd party apps on my Wife's iPhone 7 running iOS 11.3. So, I checked the 3rd party app against the stock battery health results, and they were 1% different. Results will vary. After two months or so of use, it's going to go down a bit. Maybe not 4%, but a little. And something I kept noticing with the 3rd party apps, was they often varied quite a bit in the same app. One time it would show 88% life, then the next time it might show 92%. I finally discovered that to get the most accurate reading, you must check it at 100% charge. There's a lot of variables that determine battery health. And I couldn't say why yours shows 94% or whatever. But I wouldn't worry about it. My 6s Plus shows between 67% and 72%, depending on which app I use and the charge level I'm on. I'm a heavy user, and have been with this phone since September of 2015. 2½ years. And the only issues I have are an occasional crash, and I have to charge more often. I plan to get a new battery soon. How often do you upgrade your phone? It should last you at least 2 years with the battery. And you can always buy a new battery if need be, if you don't want to upgrade. But be sure your phone is at 100% charge when you check the battery health. And don't let it ruin your enjoyment.
    05-09-2018 01:56 AM
    I'm on iOS 10.1.1. with my 6s Plus. So, I don't have the battery health feature in iOS 11. I do have 3rd party apps that show it. And they vary a % or two. I got curious and downloaded one of the 3rd party apps on my Wife's iPhone 7 running iOS 11.3. So, I checked the 3rd party app against the stock battery health results, and they were 1% different. Results will vary. After two months or so of use, it's going to go down a bit. Maybe not 4%, but a little. And something I kept noticing with the 3rd party apps, was they often varied quite a bit in the same app. One time it would show 88% life, then the next time it might show 92%. I finally discovered that to get the most accurate reading, you must check it at 100% charge. There's a lot of variables that determine battery health. And I couldn't say why yours shows 94% or whatever. But I wouldn't worry about it. My 6s Plus shows between 67% and 72%, depending on which app I use and the charge level I'm on. I'm a heavy user, and have been with this phone since September of 2015. 2½ years. And the only issues I have are an occasional crash, and I have to charge more often. I plan to get a new battery soon. How often do you upgrade your phone? It should last you at least 2 years with the battery. And you can always buy a new battery if need be, if you don't want to upgrade. But be sure your phone is at 100% charge when you check the battery health. And don't let it ruin your enjoyment.
    Thanks a lot for your answer, I was asking in the official Apple forum too and nobody exactly knows if the battery health option is "that" reliable.
    I tried Battery life too and it says my battery capacity is 97% meanwhile iOS says that is 94%, maybe I should not worry about this and just wait for an SO update and see what it shows.

Actually my battery life (on screen and IDLE) is really good, I get between 5-6 hours of screen use and sometimes I don't need to charge my phone in 2 days.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    05-09-2018 05:12 PM
    Thanks a lot for your answer, I was asking in the official Apple forum too and nobody exactly knows if the battery health option is "that" reliable.
    I tried Battery life too and it says my battery capacity is 97% meanwhile iOS says that is 94%, maybe I should not worry about this and just wait for an SO update and see what it shows.

Actually my battery life (on screen and IDLE) is really good, I get between 5-6 hours of screen use and sometimes I don't need to charge my phone in 2 days.
    When you update the OS, give it several days for the apps to adjust before checking battery life.
    05-09-2018 10:06 PM