Why won’t my iPhone 7 play music in my Honda Accord?

cherrycherryc

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
I just recently purchased a 2012 Honda Accord Coupe. It recognized my phone connected to the USB for a grand total of 3 days. After, I started to see a message that said “USB not supported” and then shortly after, I stopped getting any message and my phone just won’t even play music when connected to the USB in the car.

I am on iOS 11.3, mostly using Spotify. Please help!!

cherrycherryc

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
Oops, apologies. I was using one charger and my car was giving me the error message, then I got a new one and there’s no message but it still won’t play. I will hit play and it’ll play 1 second then stop.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Greetings and welcome to iMore.

When you get a moment, please introduce yourself here:
https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

I also have a 2012 Accord, but I have the sedan. The Accord will not recognize your mobile device when connected to the USB port. If you want to play music through your car via your iPhone, you have to use the 3.5mm audio input.

I ended up getting the USA spec bt45-hon3 bluetooth kit.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2013 Honda CRV and this same thing happens from time to time. What usually works is a hard reset of your phone and turning off and on your car. Should work. Had to do this exact thing this morning. I’ve noticed that it usually happens after an OS update.