Why is the last Item I copied is deleted randomly ?

aplitta

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I noticed that after awhile or maybe hours. I couldn't paste the last element I copied ( when I click its empty ) it simply disappears even if I could paste it normally before which is weird.
My device is iPhone 7
Does anyone had the same issue ? Is it a security thing ?
Thank you

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Outside of work, I don't do a good deal of copying and pasting. I will say this, though. I have an iPad 2 that I use to test work-related apps for clients and I can paste the same thing over and over again, even after I've powered off the device and powered it back on.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I noticed that after awhile or maybe hours. I couldn't paste the last element I copied ( when I click its empty ) it simply disappears even if I could paste it normally before which is weird.
My device is iPhone 7
Does anyone had the same issue ? Is it a security thing ?
Thank you

Do you have “Handoff” turned on? One of the features of Handoff is clipboard sharing, so you can cut and paste across your Handoff enabled iDevices that are nearby and in range. I use this once in a while. This will clear out your clipboard and replace it, though I think once you move out of range of your Handoff enabled devices, clipboard clears completely.

Last edited:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The cache that keeps your copied elements probably expired. That’s my guess. I never try to paste elements hours after copying them but they’re not kept in memory forever.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The may expire after a time in copy and paste. I haven't noticed it though. They seem to last a long time in clipboard. But that's more an in app thing. What, exactly, are you coping and pasting?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2