Iphone 7 restore issues

Josh Jones14

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7, it stopped getting service showed in the upper left of phone searching for service. Everything checked out good with my carrier. Spoke with apple care numerous times and for hours. Told me to back my phone up so I did. After that they told me to connect to iTunes and do a restore on it. Did that and when it showed the Apple logo and was downloading with the status bar under the logo it would stop halfway and do nothing else . It has given so many error codes when this happens. I have tried multiple computers, cords, whatever could be done and probably tried it at least 75 times since it happened about a month ago. Apple care can't do anything and don't know anything but how to sell a new ohone. Any
suggestions or help would be appreciated

mjperry51

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
My daughter had a 7 that did the same; first loss of cell service. Replaced SIM card and it seemed okay. Problem reappeared several hours later; had her do a backup and tried multiple restores (regular and DFU). They would all freeze about at about 80%.

Took to local Apple store (fortunate to have one). Genius Bar tried to do a DFU and failed. It was about 10 days past warranty, but they exchanged for a replacement (after I played a little guilt trip on the timing!).

If a DFU restore won't get it done, it's probably hosed. . .

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711