iPhone 7: Best iteration of the 6 design

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Having owned a 7/7+ and am currently using the 7, I have to say this phone is the best of all available Apple products. I know the X is here and the 8 has a better processor and slightly better display, but it doesn’t beat the durability of a metal phone. I have always hated glass phones and I think people expect a glass phone to be as durable as a metal one. This will never happen if it’s “true” glass and not Moto’s Plastic variant.

The iPhone 7 is simply the best hardware you can buy in a durable, lasting frame. I wish Apple would have released the X as all metal and shelved glass until the next cycle because the transition to glass means I’m not buying another Apple product...

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree 100% with everything you said there!

I’ve just upgraded to the 7 from my 2 year old 6S and couldn’t be happier. Obviously I had the choice of the 8 and the X too, but like you I detest glass backed phones and have absolutely no need for wireless charging.

I loved the 6S and didn’t think it could be bettered, but the 7 beats it in every department. It’s got the IP65 waterproof rating, the solid state Taptic home button, super fast A10 Fusion processor and W1 media chip, stereo speakers, better screen and cameras, and a wider choice of colours.

I went with the matte black, and honestly believe it’s the best looking device Apple has ever made.

Give me the robust aircraft grade aluminium shell and terrific Touch ID of the 7 every time... you can keep the fragile glass back and faddish Face ID of the X.
If this is the way Apple is going with future phones (and I think it is), then the awesome 7 will sadly be the last one I’ll ever own.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I agree 100% with everything you said there!

I’ve just upgraded to the 7 from my 2 year old 6S and couldn’t be happier. Obviously I had the choice of the 8 and the X too, but like you I detest glass backed phones and have absolutely no need for wireless charging.

I loved the 6S and didn’t think it could be bettered, but the 7 beats it in every department. It’s got the IP65 waterproof rating, the solid state Taptic home button, super fast A10 Fusion processor and W1 media chip, stereo speakers, better screen and cameras, and a wider choice of colours.

I went with the matte black, and honestly believe it’s the best looking device Apple has ever made.

Give me the robust aircraft grade aluminium shell and terrific Touch ID of the 7 every time... you can keep the fragile glass back and faddish Face ID of the X.
If this is the way Apple is going with future phones (and I think it is), then the awesome 7 will sadly be the last one I’ll ever own.

The 7 has IP67 water and dust resistance. It does not have the W1 chip, which is reserved for the AirPods and other select Beats products.

Getting to the glass back thing, everyone has their own opinion. Most people want wireless charging as it’s the future, while others are fine without.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn’t say it’s the future since it’s been out for several years now, with little traction outside a few flagships every year.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had two glass backed phones 4,4s and have not broken either side of them, despite many drops and falls. A simple (cheap) back cover and Zagg plastic screen cover and all has been fine. I like the weight of the glass and it certainly does not bend.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have had two glass backed phones 4,4s and have not broken either side of them, despite many drops and falls. A simple (cheap) back cover and Zagg plastic screen cover and all has been fine. I like the weight of the glass and it certainly does not bend.

If you’re talking about the 6 and bend gate, I’ll echo T Mo’s CEO: if you’re dumb enough to put an expensive mobile device in your back pocket and sit on it, you’re dumb.