Just bought an iPhone 7 - a huge disappointment. The entire phone shakes when I press the home button. Some weird clicking that does not belong. Store says it's (somehow) normal.

Also, iTunes won't recognize so I can't back it up.

I'm paying hundreds of dollars for this? I don't think so. Is iP 7 know to be this bad?
    10-28-2017 12:33 AM
    I don't have a weird clicking with the home button but I have a slight buzzing on my 7 when I tap on either side of the top half of the device. Many experience it and Apple said it is nothing to worry about as it is supposedly the camera lens spring that causes it. Even my 5C had it. It affects nothing though.
    10-28-2017 01:20 AM
    I can't stand the iPhone unwanted/strang click/draw/whatever. It even happens when I pull down on a Web page to reload it.

Why would a phone shake when I try to reload a Web page?

I'm returning my iP7 to Sprint and changing carriers - this is ridiculous.
    10-28-2017 01:24 AM
    I can't stand the iPhone unwanted/strang click/draw/whatever. It even happens when I pull down on a Web page to reload it.

I guess it’s the Taptic Engine. The iPhone 7 and 8 have a solid-state home button. It doesn’t get pressed, but provides artificial haptic feedback. It’s 100% normal.
    10-28-2017 03:25 AM
    Just bought an iPhone 7 - a huge disappointment. The entire phone shakes when I press the home button. Some weird clicking that does not belong. Store says it's (somehow) normal.
    That’s totally normal on the 7.

Settings > General > Home Button > Select 1

That’s totally normal on the 7 too.

Settings > Sounds & Haptics > System Haptics > Toggle OFF
    10-28-2017 05:33 AM
    I guess it’s the Taptic Engine. The iPhone 7 and 8 have a solid-state home button. It doesn’t get pressed, but provides artificial haptic feedback. It’s 100% normal.
    This.
    Try shutting down your iPhone and then pressing the home button. It’s like pressing down on a brick because the button doesn’t actually move. The Taptic feedback is what let’s you know you’ve pressed the button. If the vibration is too strong take the advice that @phil_UK provided above and turn it down to a lower setting.
    10-28-2017 06:53 AM

I agree that you should return the device and get something else. Perhaps the iPhone X or even a non-Apple smartphone. Before doing so, however, take a moment to handle the device in the store to make sure you’ll be happy with it before actually making the purchase. Best of luck to you with whatever you decide to choose.
    10-28-2017 08:39 AM