iPhone 7 camera dust gate

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
My mom iPhone 7 got replaced do to having a dried water mark in her camera lens.
The new iPhone 7 has one tiny speck of dust inside the lens when I was cleaning it with a microfiber cloth.

What could of caused this the cloth or was it there in this replacement seems like a design flaw(dust gate in the camera the phone no longer dust resistant).can some help me before I report issue to Apple engineers

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Are you sure it is dust? Because I noticed the curvature of the lens projects a dot on the inside of the flat lens cover and it is very noticeable at night when shooting video.

Unless it is dust as you say.

Here is a video I made of the white dot that seems to move around and I read many people are experiencing this.

Mine looks like there is a piece of dust but it is the curvature.

https://youtu.be/vpuAdk9F4q0

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Hmm well the lens should be sealed for water and dust resistance so I doubt that your cloth caused it. If there is a foreign object inside I would bet it was there during assembly.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Dust gate? Really?

If there is a defect, then Apple will replace it.
If not, it will be on you.

Just go to the Genius Bar and let them look at it.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Please don’t buy anything from anywhere, ever anymore.

Seems to me like all you do is put those thingies under a microscope to look for faults and other stuff.

I didn’t do that when I was cleaning the back of the phone under my lamp I saw dust under it but it was just replaced the phone idk how it got there?

I won’t replace it at all my last one was worse.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
There is no "dust gate".

If the spec of dust is not affecting your photographs, I would not worry about it. If it is clearly affecting your photographs, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple store.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Oh ok I won’t since it’s not affect my mom iPhone 7 but Apple quality control is bad they don’t check these phones before shipping them as replacements

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Oh ok I won’t since it’s not affect my mom iPhone 7 but Apple quality control is bad they don’t check these phones before shipping them as replacements

Perhaps not as closely as they should. The replacements all get opened anyway because all replacement phones get a new battery and new outer shells.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Apart from you and maybe a few others there is nobody noticing this. And since there are millions of Apple products sold I doubt that any of those buyers don’t notice what you seem to notice.

Therefore, logically I’m inclined to say that you’re exaggerating.