switching to iphone 7

Sotiris1976

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
Helo to averybody.
1) I got a Samsung Note 4 and I'm planning to switch to Iphone7. I got lot of photos organised in folders, contacts and apps. Can I transfer them to iphone7 easily? Like using the smart switch app?
2) When on WiFi at home, I use YouTube on Note 4 and watch it on my TV through PS4. Can I do the same with IPhone 7?

Thanks in advance

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey and welcome (and soon onboard what is truly an amazing phone imho)

1. The switching app should do what you want only I think you will lose that folder structure in that it won’t carry forward to albums I think! Someone may be able to clarify that for you.

2. Not sure about this but I am hopeful there will be an app for that, perhaps even a Samsung one!

dmatik

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I have also switched from Android to iPhone 7 a year ago.

1. For the photos I switched to the Albums structure which was a little bit strange in the beginning but you get used to it and it is the same.
2. I’m successfully use YouTube on my iPhone 7 to watch videos on my TV through Nvidia Shield, which is Android, so you should be good as well.

bobster922

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend trying to get your photos organized on an app such as Google Photos in whatever album assortment you want from your old phone. This way your photos are backed up to a cloud that can be accessed on any device in the format you want. Just download the app on your new phone android or iOS and boom! Exactly where you left off.

Contacts should be automatically backed up to your google (gmail) account unless you turned off the sync feature of your note 4.

As far as transferring apps I’m not sure if the “Switch to iOS” app on the google play store has that feature but if not I’d just manually go through and download your preferred apps. I don’t really know of an easier way. Sorry :/

OmegaPrime85

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Just ordered my iPhone 7 today! Woo woo.

I have a Samsung S7... bought a refurb iPhone 6 64gb to putt around on and love it.. Telus let me upgrade for 0$ for the phone, cut what I owed on the current phone in half, and lowered by unlimited data plan by 10 bucks.

Was hoping for the Gold one, but they only had black and rose gold so I got the black one :( Hahah.

I want my iPhone 7 already haha.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I have several friends on Android and I wish I could convince them to switch :p

Had my 7 for 7 months, it's been perfect.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have several friends on Android and I wish I could convince them to switch :p

Had my 7 for 7 months, it's been perfect.

I loved my android devices over the years don’t get me wrong but the tidiness the simplicity and all round polish of iOS is so nice. Not to mention the added functionality my wife and I get being on the same platform!

Brian W1

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
As far as YouTube on the PlayStation using your phone, I do that all the time. It even works with my Samsung Smart TV. Look it up on my phone, play it across the room on the TV. No problem at all.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods