So I was exclusive to apple up until about a year and half ago when I decided to try out Android so my last two iPhones were the 6s and SE. My boss who is also my best friend got me an iPhone 7 128g and is paying for my service also. I'm super stoked about it. I know the iPhone 8 is about to be released and I still plan on getting one but coming back to Apple after a year away is going to be nice. I've not really researched the major differences between the 6s and 7. Can you guys let me know or get me up to speed with the 7? I know the fingerprint sensor is haptic instead of pressing it. I think I heard it's faster? How's the camera? Does it feel exactly the same as the 6s? I know they are the same size. They look the same but I literally have not even picked a 7 up in a store to even mess around with it. Is the screen resolution the same or better? No need to even ask about IOS interface as it's universally the same smooth fluid interface on all devices I know. I'm not sure why I decided to give Android a try but apple is still my favorite and always will be. That said I did find a couple of Android brands that I ended up liking and will still use them as a second device from time to time. Anyways I was just wondering how the iPhone 7 was compared to the 6s. I've heard there is not a lot of difference which is a reason I didn't come back to Apple sooner as I was just going to skip the 7 and wait on the 8 but now since my friend has hooked me up with one for free now I'm excited to get it and check out the differences if there are any. By the way the 6s was my favorite thus far apple device. I'm sure I'll like the 7 just curious if it's that much better than the 6s. I know my 7 will be short lived with the 8 coming out but I keep two lines so it still may see regular use even after the 8 is released. Thanks for any help and feedback. It's greatly appreciated.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-31-2017 11:39 PM
    Congratulations!
    The iPhone 7 is faster, has better battery life, improved camera and new lenses, brighter display, an an all new taptic engine. You have to try it out yourself and you’ll know how amazing it is
    08-31-2017 11:43 PM
    Congrats, welcome back.
    08-31-2017 11:45 PM
    Does this mean your SE is for sale?
    TgeekB, Dconn1975 and libra89 like this.
    09-01-2017 01:25 PM
    Congrats! If you're coming from a 6S, the home button will be the biggest difference you'll find. Aside from that, my opinion has always been the 7 could have been called the 6SS.

Also remember the headphone jack has been removed.

I have the 7 Plus. It's a great phone. Definitely looking forward to what Apple introduces in a few weeks.

Enjoy your new phone!!
    09-01-2017 04:21 PM
    Does this mean your SE is for sale?
    Actually he decided not to sell it but got me this free iPhone 7 128g. It was supposed to be here today but it didn't show. I'm bummed. I really wanted it today. I guess it'll be Monday before I get it now.
    09-01-2017 05:05 PM
    Good going! The 7 is fantastic! I didn't own any of the 6 iterations so cannot compare fairly but I love the new camera and home button. What I really love to use is the 3D Touch! Something my wife didn't get on her SE. I wanted the SE until I saw no 3D Touch.

Enjoy the 128gb storage especially on iOS 11 when it lands because the new image format will trim your storage use even more!

I've got 7 videos, 750 plus pictures and 77 applications with 100gb free so far!

I'm forever taking random pictures and I have children so take lots of pictures where possible.

I'm jealous as I love that new phone feeling!! (Even though it is the phone I have now!)

Get a case and a protector for the screen that is a must!
    Tartarus and TripleOne like this.
    09-02-2017 08:05 AM
    Water resistance, no headphone jack, home button hepatic feedback are are the only noticeable differences. Supposedly the camera is improved, battery, blah blah, but having had both the 6s and the 7, I never noticed any difference.
    I'm not planning on getting the 8. If the rumors are true, it will be looking like an ugly Android phone with a jacked up price, and impractical features. Never liked wireless charging, so I don't want an all glass phone.
    09-02-2017 04:04 PM
    Good going! The 7 is fantastic! I didn't own any of the 6 iterations so cannot compare fairly but I love the new camera and home button. What I really love to use is the 3D Touch! Something my wife didn't get on her SE. I wanted the SE until I saw no 3D Touch.

Enjoy the 128gb storage especially on iOS 11 when it lands because the new image format will trim your storage use even more!

I've got 7 videos, 750 plus pictures and 77 applications with 100gb free so far!

I'm forever taking random pictures and I have children so take lots of pictures where possible.

I'm jealous as I love that new phone feeling!! (Even though it is the phone I have now!)

Get a case and a protector for the screen that is a must!
    I’m very happy to hear that you’re very satisfied with the iPhone 7
    The new camera is amazing and the home button is pretty cool huh!
    jr866gooner likes this.
    09-02-2017 07:37 PM
    I’m very happy to hear that you’re very satisfied with the iPhone 7
    The new camera is amazing and the home button is pretty cool huh!
    I love the home button !
    09-03-2017 03:42 AM
    I love the home button !
    Me too!
    The new Taptic Engine made the overall user experience that much better.
    09-03-2017 04:53 AM
    Me too!
    Yes and I love that haptic clicking noise it makes when you scroll a date or time for example. Love it!
    09-03-2017 10:08 AM
    Yes and I love that haptic clicking noise it makes when you scroll a date or time for example. Love it!
    Exactly!
    It’s amazing.
    09-03-2017 05:49 PM
    Me too!
    The iPhone 7/7+ taptic engine is nothing short of genius.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-03-2017 06:18 PM
    I'm still waiting on my 7 to arrive. I'm dying to get it. Hopefully Tuesday it'll be delivered. Sounds like it's an improvement over the 6s which I'm very familiar with having owned a couple of them. I'll keep two lines so my cricket line will either be a Moto Z play or an honor 8. I prefer the Honor bc I like EMUI but I love the Moto mods so I'm not sure yet which I'll get. Right now I'm using a Moto g4 play that I found on sale unlocked for $35 dollars! I could not pass that deal up. I sold my S8 as I just did not ever warm up to it. It was a good device but I am not a fan of the curved display screen. Plus it felt too narrow for me. The screen resolution was great though. I'll give it that. Now I can't decide whether to go with the regular Moto Z Play or get the Z2 Play. The Z Play price is much better being 350 on sale right now so I'll probably end up grabbing it for my second device but my iPhone 7 will be my daily driver. I'm looking forward to getting it and checking out the new features on it. It's hard waiting on it to arrive. I probably would be getting it tomorrow but my work is closed due to labor day so it'll probably be Tuesday before I get my hands on it. I'll definitely report back my thoughts on it once I get it. I'm curious of the new home button as I know it's changed quite a bit now. I'm going to pick up a Red apple leather case for it too.
    jr866gooner and Rob Phillips like this.
    09-04-2017 12:44 AM
    I'm still waiting on my 7 to arrive. I'm dying to get it. Hopefully Tuesday it'll be delivered. Sounds like it's an improvement over the 6s which I'm very familiar with having owned a couple of them. I'll keep two lines so my cricket line will either be a Moto Z play or an honor 8. I prefer the Honor bc I like EMUI but I love the Moto mods so I'm not sure yet which I'll get. Right now I'm using a Moto g4 play that I found on sale unlocked for $35 dollars! I could not pass that deal up. I sold my S8 as I just did not ever warm up to it. It was a good device but I am not a fan of the curved display screen. Plus it felt too narrow for me. The screen resolution was great though. I'll give it that. Now I can't decide whether to go with the regular Moto Z Play or get the Z2 Play. The Z Play price is much better being 350 on sale right now so I'll probably end up grabbing it for my second device but my iPhone 7 will be my daily driver. I'm looking forward to getting it and checking out the new features on it. It's hard waiting on it to arrive. I probably would be getting it tomorrow but my work is closed due to labor day so it'll probably be Tuesday before I get my hands on it. I'll definitely report back my thoughts on it once I get it. I'm curious of the new home button as I know it's changed quite a bit now. I'm going to pick up a Red apple leather case for it too.
    I love the new phone feeling but the waiting for the new phone / contract end is painful!
    09-04-2017 08:32 AM
    I love the new phone feeling but the waiting for the new phone / contract end is painful!
    Yep. I go through it about once a year as the new iPhone is released. I must say, this is the most excited I’ve been for a new iPhone in quite some time. The last time Apple really wowed me was when I went from an iPhone 5 to a 6 Plus on release day.
    09-04-2017 08:40 AM
    Yep. I go through it about once a year as the new iPhone is released. I must say, this is the most excited I’ve been for a new iPhone in quite some time. The last time Apple really wowed me was when I went from an iPhone 5 to a 6 Plus on release day.
    Hahaha I’m on the same boat. I’ve never been this excited ever for an iPhone 🤣
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    09-04-2017 06:30 PM
    I'm definitely going to be getting the iPhone 8 too. I am looking forward to new innovation.
    09-05-2017 09:03 PM
    I'm definitely going to be getting the iPhone 8 too. I am looking forward to new innovation.
    Wait, did you get your 7 yet?
    09-05-2017 09:30 PM
    Wait, did you get your 7 yet?
    Not yet. Hopefully tomorrow it will arrive. The rep at work has to get it and set it up then I'm just going to reset it with my info on it. If not tomorrow it'll be this week for sure.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-05-2017 09:38 PM
    Still waiting?
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    09-08-2017 11:26 PM
    Not yet. Hopefully tomorrow it will arrive. The rep at work has to get it and set it up then I'm just going to reset it with my info on it. If not tomorrow it'll be this week for sure.
    Please remember to post pictures of your brand new iPhone and share it wish us
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    09-09-2017 03:30 AM
    Still waiting?
    Well my best friend and boss texted me and let me know that my iPhone 7 had finally arrived but it looks like it will be Monday before I can get it which is killing me to know it's there but I can't get it until Monday that is if we go in that day for work. Hopefully I'll be able to report back and say I've finally got it along with some feedback type of mini review about it and it's comparison to the 6s which I owned several times before jumping over to Android to try them out last year. I can't wait to get it. Now another two full days of waiting. Ugh!! Lol.
    jr866gooner likes this.
    09-09-2017 03:35 AM
    Please remember to post pictures of your brand new iPhone and share it wish us
    I definitely will. I ordered the black so I'm not sure if that's matte black or a glossy black as I'm not familiar with the colors they are offered in since I've been out of the apple game for a little over a year. I just know I ordered a black 128g iPhone 7, tempered glass and case. I plan to go to apple and pick up a Red leather case for it. That will look good against the black plus I like the Red color. Can't wait to get and post pics.
    jr866gooner likes this.
    09-09-2017 09:21 AM
53 123