my best friend got me an iPhone 7 128g and is paying for my service also
    Congrats...I wish I had a "best friend" like this...LOL
    libra89 and jr866gooner like this.
    09-09-2017 10:50 AM
    I definitely will. I ordered the black so I'm not sure if that's matte black or a glossy black as I'm not familiar with the colors they are offered in since I've been out of the apple game for a little over a year. I just know I ordered a black 128g iPhone 7, tempered glass and case. I plan to go to apple and pick up a Red leather case for it. That will look good against the black plus I like the Red color. Can't wait to get and post pics.
    Yes, I have the Jet Black with a Zagg glass privacy screen protector and the RED Apple () Leather and Silicone cases. I actually like the Silicone case a little better than the Leather. It does look GREAT.
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    09-09-2017 10:54 AM
    Yes, I have the Jet Black with a Zagg glass privacy screen protector and the RED Apple () Leather and Silicone cases. I actually like the Silicone case a little better than the Leather. It does look GREAT.
    You like the silicone better? I found the leather to feel just bit less bulky in the hand but I'm not sure if it was my mind or if indeed it was thinner. I like both too but something about that Red leather I love. I agree though the Red pops against the black.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-09-2017 04:23 PM
    I definitely will. I ordered the black so I'm not sure if that's matte black or a glossy black as I'm not familiar with the colors they are offered in since I've been out of the apple game for a little over a year. I just know I ordered a black 128g iPhone 7, tempered glass and case. I plan to go to apple and pick up a Red leather case for it. That will look good against the black plus I like the Red color. Can't wait to get and post pics.
    Cool!
    Both the Black and Jet Black looks amazing in person. And the Apple Leather case is the best IMO.. slim, classy, and feels great.
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    09-09-2017 05:53 PM
    Cool!
    Both the Black and Jet Black looks amazing in person. And the Apple Leather case is the best IMO.. slim, classy, and feels great.
    Only thing is I'm not exactly sure whether I got the jet black or the glossy black. I hope it's the matte black. Either one will be fine though bc it's free! I won't even have to pay for service or anything. I'm super stoked about getting it. I hope that's Monday.
    09-09-2017 06:05 PM
    Only thing is I'm not exactly sure whether I got the jet black or the glossy black. I hope it's the matte black. Either one will be fine though bc it's free! I won't even have to pay for service or anything. I'm super stoked about getting it. I hope that's Monday.
    Apple calls the Matte Black iPhone as “Black”.
    Either or, they’re both very cool colours
    09-09-2017 06:06 PM
    Apple calls the Matte Black iPhone as “Black”.
    Either or, they’re both very cool colours
    So there are indeed two black colors then?
    09-09-2017 06:09 PM
    So there are indeed two black colors then?
    The Jet Black is the glossy one, the Black is the matte black.
    09-09-2017 06:10 PM
    The Jet Black is the glossy one, the Black is the matte black.
    Oh cool deal. Yeah I'm unsure of which I got. Now I wonder which it is.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-09-2017 06:14 PM
    So I now know my phone is in but we've not been to the office yet so that my buddy and boss can sign for it and we pick it up. He said he's going to try and get by there today but I'm not counting on it lol. I've been waiting on it forever now as it's been in for a while now. Yes I know it's free but I'd still like to get it and use it lol. I've been patient though so I hope it actually happens today as I'm excited to get it. Hopefully I'll update the thread with good news later today.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-12-2017 06:03 AM
    So I now know my phone is in but we've not been to the office yet so that my buddy and boss can sign for it and we pick it up. He said he's going to try and get by there today but I'm not counting on it lol. I've been waiting on it forever now as it's been in for a while now. Yes I know it's free but I'd still like to get it and use it lol. I've been patient though so I hope it actually happens today as I'm excited to get it. Hopefully I'll update the thread with good news later today.
    Yeah I have been wondering what the update is. I hope that you get your hands on it soon, I'll be looking forward to your impressions.
    09-12-2017 09:34 AM
    Yeah I have been wondering what the update is. I hope that you get your hands on it soon, I'll be looking forward to your impressions.
    I was hoping today but it didn't happen. I'm having to wait on my friend and boss to go sign off on it and with him you never know. Hopefully one day this week I'll have it and update you guys. I know I am ready to get it that's for sure. I can't say much because it's free so I'm stuck waiting on him which like I said I never know from day to day with him. He's a best friend but can be hard to predict at times.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-12-2017 06:55 PM
    Starting the countdown to "Selling my 7 for an 8 (or X)" thread from you Dconn.

I hope you know that my ribbing is of the good natured variety...
    Dconn1975 and libra89 like this.
    09-13-2017 04:11 PM
    Starting the countdown to "Selling my 7 for an 8 (or X)" thread from you Dconn.

I hope you know that my ribbing is of the good natured variety...
    Which one are you going to get? I want the X pretty bad. With it staying the same perfect size as the iPhone has always been but now with a 5.8 inch screen is my biggest selling point of that phone. It'll be a tough one to get as there will much more demand than supply of them to go around. Plus they aren't cheap either. I was hoping that Apple would increase their screen size as 5 to 5.2 inches is my sweet spot so the X is the perfect device. Too bad that in a way I'm getting the free iPhone 7 as I really want the X but don't need to get both. Way too expensive. Plus I'm unsure of whether I will get to keep the 7 for good or have to give it back if I decide I don't like this new job I took with my best friend. He said it will be mine but I never know with him lol. I'll have to see but it's free and free service and I wasn't supposed to get one but he pushed it through for me anyway. I can tell you however though at some point I'll definitely get the X. With that phone you'll actually be able to watch movies on and do a lot of YouTube with that larger screen. When you get one definitely let me know what you think about it. Who knows I may still end up getting one from not being able to resist. It's going to be the ultimate iPhone I think. Perfect size with a larger screen. I am with cricket so I buy my phones unlocked so dropping that kind of money all at one time will hurt which would be another reason I may not get one right away. What are they like $999 or so? That's expensive for a phone compared to what I've been buying like phones like the Honor 8 which I normally stay in that 400 or under price range now since I buy unlocked and pay it all at one time. I'll for sure get one if this 7 ends up not being mine to keep. I didn't really see much on the iphone 8 though. I only saw articles on the X. What's the scoop on the 8? Any major changes from the 7? My buddy who now I work for used to work for Apple in Santa Clara and he was a high level engineer which to this day he still cannot tell me what he did for Apple but only that he was an engineer for them said he'd pass on the 8 but definitely get the X and he knows Apple better than anyone I've ever come across. Apple actually recruited him for 5 years before he caved and went to work for them. He was making $24k a month!!!! He's seriously a genius in his field and literally the best there is at what all he does with computers and mobile tech. On his free time as a hobby he wrote a security program that Apple wanted bad enough for them to recruit him for 5 long years. It's like he sees into the future in his field. The biggest software company in the world wanted a security program from him that he designed and they could not replicate it themselves which is proof of how genius he is in his world. He ended up leaving Apple as it cost him his marriage since he basically lived in santa Clara CA and his wife at the time stayed here in Mississippi so he'd travel back and forth but it cost him though. Like they say money isn't everything. Just recently he and I found a awesome deal on the Moto g4 play at Walmart for $35 bucks unlocked. He took his and has it running faster than the iPhone 7 now. He also made the boot time go from 59 seconds to 27 seconds. He's like an Einstein in his world. Sometimes he will talk to me about tech and it's literally like he's speaking another language lol. I have no clue what any of it means and I'm pretty tech savvy but compared to him I know nothing at all. I know he writes a lot of code but I know nothing about that side of tech. He and a few other guys from around the US were the ones who actually jail broke iPhones as a hobby which is how Apple initially found out about him. Pretty amazing story. He also while Apple was recruiting him wrote some software for the Google goggles when they were out that made it look like you were watching a 42 inch TV from inside the goggles. Google flew him and another guy out to a convention in Vegas and when apple found out they told him if he pulled another stunt like that again that would stop recruiting him. He also was heavily involved with the initial release of apple TV which I think that was what he was doing for Apple that he can't tell me about. He's deep with apple TV so that's my guess. That or security because he was one of the very few in the US for always being able to break apples strong security they have. His story is impressive that's for sure. Anyways let me know which iPhone you end up getting and what you think about it. It's been a little over a year since I jumped ship to Android now. My favorite iPhone to date is the 6s. I used it quite a while and aside from the SE it's the last iPhone I used since I went over to Android to give them a try. I'm still apple at heart. Really the only thing that Android did to me was make me enjoy a larger screen phone better for media. That's why the X I'm highly interested in. When I went back to the SE briefly not long ago I could not handle how small the screen was anymore and that used to be one of my favorite phones. 4 inches is just way too small for me now.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:00 PM
    This is kind of the same boat I’m in. As much as I liked android and the fact it was my entry into the smartphone world with rooting too it only really gave me a little extra customisation and screen size.

I get far more benefits out of Apple and iOS right now, imho apps are better, iOS is stable, security updates keep on coming and new os updates (nowhere to be seen in android world) and as it stands my wife and I use family sharing and Apple Music.

My phone simply does all I need it to and granted the screen could be bigger but I’m already finding my 7 is the perfect size to hold.

Who knows I may return to android but I for one see boredom being the only factor but that isn’t happening yet. Maybe I’m just maturing at my age and just want the phone to work!
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    09-14-2017 03:19 PM
    I'm not getting any of them. I'm waiting for an updated SE. If that isn't updated, I might look at a used X at that point.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-14-2017 03:21 PM
    I'm not getting any of them. I'm waiting for an updated SE. If that isn't updated, I might look at a used X at that point.
    SE 2 with the specs of the 7/8 would be fantastic!
    libra89 likes this.
    09-14-2017 07:57 PM
    This is kind of the same boat I’m in. As much as I liked android and the fact it was my entry into the smartphone world with rooting too it only really gave me a little extra customisation and screen size.

I get far more benefits out of Apple and iOS right now, imho apps are better, iOS is stable, security updates keep on coming and new os updates (nowhere to be seen in android world) and as it stands my wife and I use family sharing and Apple Music.

My phone simply does all I need it to and granted the screen could be bigger but I’m already finding my 7 is the perfect size to hold.

Who knows I may return to android but I for one see boredom being the only factor but that isn’t happening yet. Maybe I’m just maturing at my age and just want the phone to work!
    Well although I'm still supposed to be getting the iPhone 7 I just got word that my buddy and I are going to be transferring to Alabama and to work so now I either have the option to get the iPhone or take the bill replacement option. Meanwhile I was contacted by a guy here on the Android forums about him telling me he would sell me hid 128g pixel XL for only $300 dollars. He then told me he had three Nexus 6ps one being brand new in box never opened. He said he'd sell it to me for $150! This is the 64g model too which was a $550 dollar phone. Needless to say I jumped on it and just got it in a couple of days ago. I'm still in shock over the deal I got. Out of all the Android phones I've used the Nexus 6p is my all time favorite to date. I was in the market for a flagship specs larger device and this was the perfect deal. I'm super stoked about it right now. I've got 2 Red skins on order for it already and I'll be good to go once they arrive. I love the Nexus 6p. Now I have my sights set on the iPhone X.
    09-24-2017 02:09 AM
    You must have the phone by now!? Not heard from you regarding your unboxing excitement!!
    libra89 likes this.
    09-24-2017 01:04 PM
    Changing phones again before you get the first one? That was quick even for you!!
    libra89 likes this.
    09-26-2017 01:18 PM
    Changing phones again before you get the first one? That was quick even for you!!
    libra89 likes this.
    09-26-2017 04:34 PM
    09-26-2017 06:02 PM
    Nope it's not looking good now bc we are changing companies all together now so that means I won't get this phone with them but I will be able to with the new company but that is a month down the road. I really wanted the 7 too. Now it looks like I'm going to wait on the X. Plus I have really high interest in that phone over the 7. Same size practically as the 7 but a 5.8 inch screen is what I've been wanting from Apple for years now. It's the perfect apple device but goodness it's expensive. Unlike my brand new Nexus 6p I just bought in 64g for a deal of a lifetime at only $150. I got very lucky on this deal. I was in the right place at the correct time to get it. One of my several skins I ordered came in today for it. Here it is in Red!
    libra89 likes this.
    09-26-2017 06:24 PM

I hope now to get the iPhone 8 or the X model. For now what I paid for this phone was a deal of the century so I'll enjoy it for a while. I'll say one thing though. A 5.7 inch display is huge! Lol.
    10-02-2017 04:06 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...41611f4ccc.jpg

I hope now to get the iPhone 8 or the X model. For now what I paid for this phone was a deal of the century so I'll enjoy it for a while. I'll say one thing though. A 5.7 inch display is huge! Lol.
    So you’re not going to get the free iPhone 7 anymore?
    10-02-2017 06:49 AM
53 123