Restore a new iphone with itunes backup- does it work well?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Now at this hour some of the applications are still in waiting mode. 15 applications.

What is interesting I read that applications that are not available in the application store. That was wrong. I am referring to my first ever application that I paid for. Called WunderRadio.

Two questions. Does the phone have to be on in order to continue updating these 15 applications? Also since this from the icloud back up does the phone have to be connected to the internet up update these 15 applications.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
The cloud backup did not help. I set the phone up as new itunes still thinks there is a password connected to some backup on the computer. I deleted the backup then chose to backup to the computer. Wish I new why a device that indicated by itunes has never been backed up to the computer has a password associated.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I always understood iCloud backups do not contain encrypted data such as health data. iTunes backups will contain encrypted data as it's via USB.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Did not backup all songs or videos then with built in camera. Was able to get music back from another computer.

I was told by the Apple peep that the iPhone and all devices the password still stays with the phone even though the backup are deleted simply because the passwords are associated with the users Apple ID.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I always understood iCloud backups do not contain encrypted data such as health data.

By default iCloud backups are automatically encrypted, which does include health data.

iTunes backups will contain encrypted data as it's via USB.

Not by default. You have to manually enable the option in iTunes and also set a special password for it. When you choose that option it will encrypt your saved passwords, health data, website history, and wifi settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2