I want to buy the phone case for my iphone 7.My best friends told me buy otterbox case,but I think it's too expensive for worker.So I want to know why did you buy otterbox defender ? work,outdoor sports or drop the phone frequently ?
    Last edited by yang sunny; 08-15-2017 at 02:04 AM. Reason: incorrect word
    08-15-2017 02:03 AM
    To DEFEND your iPhone from future catastrophes
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-15-2017 03:30 AM
    I used to buy Otterbox, but the Defender is huge and I hate the built-in screen protector. Now I use Rhinoshield when I need good drop protection.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-15-2017 04:16 AM
    I would say because the Otterbox Defender is a case well designed for individuals who work hard, play hard and want to maintain the device looks with minimal damage. Maybe the reason your best friends told you to buy an Otterbox Defender is because there around you and see how hard you are on your iPhone and just want you to be able to protect it. Good Luck with your decision.
    mad_iphone4 likes this.
    08-15-2017 08:33 AM
    I used to buy Otterbox, but the Defender is huge and I hate the built-in screen protector. Now I use Rhinoshield when I need good drop protection.
    Which version of Rhinoshield do you use?
    08-16-2017 01:51 AM
    Which version of Rhinoshield do you use?
    Currently I’m using the CrashGuard with front and back Impact Protection protectors, but I also have a PlayProof and SolidSuit. The brushed aluminum SolidSuit has the best grip of any Rhinoshield I’ve used. The PlayProof is just really slick, I use a PopSocket with mine.
    08-16-2017 01:53 AM
    Currently I’m using the CrashGuard with front and back Impact Protection protectors, but I also have a PlayProof and SolidSuit. The brushed aluminum SolidSuit has the best grip of any Rhinoshield I’ve used. The PlayProof is just really slick, I use a PopSocket with mine.
    Which of them is the lightest? I got an otterbox symmetry which is light, but the capacitive buttons are just too hard to press and the case is kinda slippy.
    08-16-2017 02:52 AM
    Which of them is the lightest? I got an otterbox symmetry which is light, but the capacitive buttons are just too hard to press and the case is kinda slippy.
    All of them, they are all lighter than the symmetry. The PlayProof and SolidSuit are going to be easier on the button pressing. Overall the CrashGuard is the lightest because it’s a bumper, and on the 7 Plus it sits just a little loose on the sides so the button presses are a little deeper.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    08-16-2017 02:54 AM
    Rhinoshield offers protection in the form factor of a normal case without the added bulk or cover up. It's the brand I go to if I ever need good protection

Have you tried the carbon fiber version of the Solid Suit?
    08-16-2017 06:49 AM
    Rhinoshield offers protection in the form factor of a normal case without the added bulk or cover up. It's the brand I go to if I ever need good protection

Have you tried the carbon fiber version of the Solid Suit?
    I have one yes, I find the carbon fiber to be better than the PlayProof but still much more slippery than the brushed aluminum.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-16-2017 09:35 AM
    I want to buy the phone case for my iphone 7.My best friends told me buy otterbox case,but I think it's too expensive for worker.So I want to know why did you buy otterbox defender ? work,outdoor sports or drop the phone frequently ?
    Getting back on topic, The Otterbox Defender is a very good case for longevity as well. Have you tried Amazon for pricing, some of the many colors are less than half price.
    08-16-2017 09:42 AM
    I had a Defender for my HTC One M7. I liked it. The problem I had with the Defender for iPhone Plus was the stupid cut out in the back. I was in an LGS and they had the Magpul cases on sale, so I got one to replace the crappy (brand escapes me) case I was using. It offers decent protection, fits good in the hand, is one piece, and was $16.
    08-16-2017 05:54 PM
    I’ve had a Defender for every phone I’ve had except my 7 Plus. They use a stronger glue on the screen protector so it’s harder to remove completely. I have a heat gun now so I should be relatively easy to remove it completely, but the size of it has been hard for me to deal with in the last couple years.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-16-2017 06:07 PM
    I went with the Otterbox Commuter with my 6s Plus. No protective screen. It's been almost 2 years. Dropped it once face down on a tiled concrete floor. No damage. No scratches on the screen. Got the Commuter for $28 on Amazon.
    08-19-2017 04:07 PM