Joined the Dark Side (Random Questions)

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
How do these shortcut things work for apps now? Do only some apps have them? And is the only way to access them by long pressing the app.
Sometimes it seems that I am holding the app for quite a few seconds before it will pop up, and others it's right away.

f6b5ea701aee253a431a0f7a1b16f8d2.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do these shortcut things work for apps now? Do only some apps have them? And is the only way to access them by long pressing the app.
Sometimes it seems that I am holding the app for quite a few seconds before it will pop up, and others it's right away.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170812/f6b5ea701aee253a431a0f7a1b16f8d2.png

Welcome to iMore. It depends on whether the app developer implements the feature or not. Some do, some don't. Most native apps do. Some apps have widgets that use short cuts. I like the app, Launcher. It offers short cuts and calling from the lock screen. Just swipe right and there it is. You might try pressing on the app icons a bit harder.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forbidden fruit says this former BlackBerry lover! I've been Team Apple since February and haven't looked back. Enjoy your new phone!!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170812/f6b5ea701aee253a431a0f7a1b16f8d2.png

It's not a long press that brings them up, its a hard press. If you press hard enough the menu should come right up.

Yeah, it’s a pressure press. You apply pressure for 3D Touch. 3D Touch is only on iPhone’s 6S and iPhone’s 7. Earlier iPhones it is more of a long press if you can do it at all. Apple didn’t implement a 3D Touch equivalent for everything on older models.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I went through and adjusted the apps that I didn't want to show any information when locked, unfortunately though, it seems WhatsApp was not an option.
Out of all the apps I have installed, that was the only one that didn't show up in the list of apps. Is that normal? Kind of a bummer since I suspect that's the app I am going to be doing most of my messaging through.

Actually I get the opposite. On android there was no way to show only "message from Steve" but you can on what's app iOS!

In the what's app setting disable show preview

47d7c42557c2963ab052a1e2afb40c3c.png

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Any joy with this?

Well I finally got around to setting up my iPhone fully.
Still no joy.
I went your route and disabled the notification preview through WhatsApp. While that works as designed to and does disable the preview. It also does it while the device is unlocked and in use. Which is not what I am looking for.
It's weird that WhatsApp doesn't give you the option to disable the preview on just the lock screen...I will probably just end up disabling the preview all together.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I finally got around to setting up my iPhone fully.
Still no joy.
I went your route and disabled the notification preview through WhatsApp. While that works as designed to and does disable the preview. It also does it while the device is unlocked and in use. Which is not what I am looking for.
It's weird that WhatsApp doesn't give you the option to disable the preview on just the lock screen...I will probably just end up disabling the preview all together.

Yep I was in a similar boat although that was far better than android where you got a preview. My wife doesn't need to see my convos etc especially with my football group and their crude nature lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2