It's not a long press that brings them up, its a hard press. If you press hard enough the menu should come right up.
    Got the hang of it now. Is this that 3D touch feature that Apple has?
    akutch34 and TheRandomDealio like this.
    08-14-2017 12:48 PM
    How do these shortcut things work for apps now? Do only some apps have them? And is the only way to access them by long pressing the app.
    Sometimes it seems that I am holding the app for quite a few seconds before it will pop up, and others it's right away.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7a1b16f8d2.png
    It's not a long press that brings them up, its a hard press. If you press hard enough the menu should come right up.
    Yeah, it’s a pressure press. You apply pressure for 3D Touch. 3D Touch is only on iPhone’s 6S and iPhone’s 7. Earlier iPhones it is more of a long press if you can do it at all. Apple didn’t implement a 3D Touch equivalent for everything on older models.
    vpblaze and timee80 like this.
    08-14-2017 12:50 PM
    You can absolutely get notifications on lock screen without showing details.

Settings ➡️ Notifications ➡️ App of choice

Example: if you go to messages, scroll down and it will let you choose whether or not to show a preview of the message

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a6b7b85203.png
    To this day I don't understand why Apple has the previews set to "on" by default. Having the message on the lock screen is really intrusive, in my opinion.
    vpblaze, libra89 and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-16-2017 01:53 AM
    You can absolutely get notifications on lock screen without showing details.

Settings ➡️ Notifications ➡️ App of choice

Example: if you go to messages, scroll down and it will let you choose whether or not to show a preview of the message

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a6b7b85203.png
    Thank you.
    akutch34 likes this.
    08-17-2017 01:42 PM
    Pretty sure it's a long press on devices that don't support 3D Touch.
    08-17-2017 03:23 PM
    Pretty sure it's a long press on devices that don't support 3D Touch.
    No, on those devices you just get the wiggle to move apps with a long press, the shortcut menus like the OP is showing doesn't ever appear, it is 3d touch exclusive.
    akutch34 likes this.
    08-17-2017 03:27 PM
    Well I went through and adjusted the apps that I didn't want to show any information when locked, unfortunately though, it seems WhatsApp was not an option.
    Out of all the apps I have installed, that was the only one that didn't show up in the list of apps. Is that normal? Kind of a bummer since I suspect that's the app I am going to be doing most of my messaging through.
    Actually I get the opposite. On android there was no way to show only "message from Steve" but you can on what's app iOS!

In the what's app setting disable show preview

vpblaze and akutch34 like this.
    08-17-2017 05:47 PM
    Any joy with this?
    08-23-2017 02:59 PM
    Any joy with this?
    Sorry I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I am still waiting for an unlock code so I can fully use it.
    Cell unlocked.net is taking their sweet old time getting me that code!!!!
    jr866gooner likes this.
    08-23-2017 10:19 PM
    Any joy with this?
    Well I finally got around to setting up my iPhone fully.
    Still no joy.
    I went your route and disabled the notification preview through WhatsApp. While that works as designed to and does disable the preview. It also does it while the device is unlocked and in use. Which is not what I am looking for.
    It's weird that WhatsApp doesn't give you the option to disable the preview on just the lock screen...I will probably just end up disabling the preview all together.
    jr866gooner likes this.
    08-27-2017 11:43 PM
    Well I finally got around to setting up my iPhone fully.
    Still no joy.
    I went your route and disabled the notification preview through WhatsApp. While that works as designed to and does disable the preview. It also does it while the device is unlocked and in use. Which is not what I am looking for.
    It's weird that WhatsApp doesn't give you the option to disable the preview on just the lock screen...I will probably just end up disabling the preview all together.
    Yep I was in a similar boat although that was far better than android where you got a preview. My wife doesn't need to see my convos etc especially with my football group and their crude nature lol
    vpblaze likes this.
    08-28-2017 07:53 AM
    Yep I was in a similar boat although that was far better than android where you got a preview. My wife doesn't need to see my convos etc especially with my football group and their crude nature lol
    Haha my thoughts exactly!
    08-28-2017 08:04 AM
37 12