iPhone screen blank after connection to car is dropped

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
In the last week or two I have noticed that my iPhone's screen will go blank, with only the wallpaper showing, once the Bluetooth connection to my car's navigational unit is dropped. I am noticing it happens after I have used Netflix, to which the navi will automatically start playing the next episode of my show before I change to the Music app. A simple restart fixes the problem, but it has gotten to the point where I feel I must restore the device once I have some time. I wanted to ask to see if others are having this problem as well and if restoring will actually work or not.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried doing a Hard Reset? If that doesn't solve it you can back up your iPhone and then restore it. Hopefully that'll work out

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try the hard reset (reboot) first. If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings. If that doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone as new, not from a back up.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate the help gents, but the phone does let me restart it normally. That is about all it lets me do unfortunately. Notifications come in as well, but that's it. I will try a restore later when I can get to my Mac.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Just an update for those interested. A restore did not fix the problem and I have already have had the problem reoccur since doing so. Rather frustrating to have to stop using Bluetooth in my car because of this. I cannot be the only person having this problem, can I?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73