Paint peeling off speaker grille

jayjahed

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Hello All

Got my iPhone 7 Matte Black around 5 months ago. Down in the second month, the paint on the microphone grille started peeling off. I have never dropped the phone, and it's always been in a case that provides cushioning on the bottom of the device - Photos Attached -Called Apple care they said its better to pass by the Apple Store here. Went there and they told me the peeling is not covered by Apple even if I had purchased Apple Care +. Anyone facing that issue and tried to handle it with Apple ? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Quality manufacturing there from Apple.
I would suggest getting a little pot of black paint and "repairing" the damage yourself.

jayjahed

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Hey. Yeah I figured that or using a permanent marker. I did go through long discussion with Apple again today and sent the photos and they were shocked. They said they will do their best to see if they can do something. They should get back to me tomorrow. I thought the new coating was scratch proof.. I even saw YouTube videos trying to scratch it with keys and all. To be honest it does scratch (or at least mine does). Besides the hairlines on screen (i have many. I live in a Dusty country). There are couple of weird hairlines on the back (though I never took off the case).. I think my batch had bad paint job ?

jayjahed

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Update: Apple engineers consider that a cosmetic wear and tear.. funny enough. I grabbed a permanent Marker for a quick fix, what do you think ? Check out the "After" photo IMG_4040.JPG

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods