Have you had this happen with incoming sales calls?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I received unsolicited sales calls today from the same place 4 times, and what was odd was the phone number only showed as area code and exchange - (817)-466 or something (I deleted them). I couldn't find anything on the internet about what the true phone number was or why it showed up as only 6 digits not 10.

I also noticed that because of this, blocking the number did not work - maybe because the true last 4 digits came from another line in a subsequent call.

Has anyone seen this, anything we can do about it? Thanks!

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
If it continuess to annoy, try true caller. It works off a list of know spam callers so likely you'd never get the call to ring thru. That app really works well for me. There are others out there as well that are also good. But, no I cannot recall getting a partial number like you mention.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use Hiya as well and it works great. You can choose to either have a badge show up when known scammers or telemarketers call or you can simply have them sent to voicemail.

That's what I do -- I just have them ignored. Sometimes when they get through I just answer and mute the call. That at least takes up a few more minutes of their time with nothing to show for it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner