iPhone 7 incall Mic problems

Tam Nguyen9

Jun 23, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I recently started having problems with incall microphone. I tested microphone with siri, voice memos, video recording and there was no problem with microphone. When i make a phone call nobody hears me, not even over fb messenger or facetime. That started to happen after i downloaded discord. I dont know what to do, tried restoring without using backup, installing older and newer ios(including beta 11 and 10.3.3 beta 3) and nothing helps. I dont want to send it to service since i think it is a some kind of software issue and not hardware if it works in voice memos and video record...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There are 2 microphones in an iPhone. That it works in one app doesn’t guarantee it will work in another app for this reason.
Apparently the microphone that’s used for phone calls has an issue. Sending to the service would be a wise choice in this case.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
There are 2 microphones in an iPhone. That it works in one app doesn’t guarantee it will work in another app for this reason.
Apparently the microphone that’s used for phone calls has an issue. Sending to the service would be a wise choice in this case.

There are actually 4.
@Tam Nguyen9
Below is how you can test the individual mics on your iPhone to isolate the issue. If you've performed restores on the software, it more than likely is a hardware issue and so as @Tartarus suggested, you'll probably want to send it in for repair.

To test the primary microphone on the bottom of your iPhone, open Voice Memos and tap the record icon. Then speak into the microphone and tap the play icon to play back the recording. You should be able to hear your voice clearly.

If your voice sounds faint when you’re using the speakerphone on a phone call, make sure that your iPhone receiver isn’t blocked or covered. This is the microphone at the top next to the earpiece.

If audio from video recordings sounds faint, or Siri can’t hear you, make sure that the microphone near the iSight camera—on the top, back corner of your iPhone—and the receiver isn’t blocked or covered.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal