I keep getting bad iPhone warranty replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Horrible apple replacements

If it happens after you get it than you really should be more careful with your devices.
iPhone 7 is rated dust proof and water resistant. The chance this happening 2 times subsequently really raises some questions with me.

Was thinking the same. That happening once, ok, but for it to happen twice, seems may be user error.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

People I will check the replacement carefully next time I guess but the apple employee give me the replacement and wants me out they say they have other people to take care of.

It's possible I did get this current phone wet in the smart battery case

The truth comes out. Seems your issues are probably due to it getting wet while in the battery case. The battery case isn't waterproof so that makes sense with the speaker issues and freezing.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

To the OP, are you the same one who made a thread about your iPhone 7 having a gap at the top of the screen and provided a photo when I asked for it? I still say you have no gap on your phone. I compared the picture to my own iPhone 7 and it looks the same.

My boyfriend had to exchange his iPhone 5s at an Apple Store almost two years ago after it got the BSOD. His replacement was also obviously a refurb, and it was fine for around a year until the screen started to go (I think it got wet from dog pee when he was at work - he's a vet technician). But other than that, no problems.

I agree with Tartarus that you have to be more careful with your devices. You should really baby them since they're very expensive and so important.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

The truth comes out. Seems your issues are probably due to it getting wet while in the battery case. The battery case isn't waterproof so that makes sense with the speaker issues and freezing.

I will bring back and swap it last time my iPhone wifi didn't work

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

To the OP, are you the same one who made a thread about your iPhone 7 having a gap at the top of the screen and provided a photo when I asked for it? I still say you have no gap on your phone. I compared the picture to my own iPhone 7 and it looks the same.

My boyfriend had to exchange his iPhone 5s at an Apple Store almost two years ago after it got the BSOD. His replacement was also obviously a refurb, and it was fine for around a year until the screen started to go (I think it got wet from dog pee when he was at work - he's a vet technician). But other than that, no problems.

I agree with Tartarus that you have to be more careful with your devices. You should really baby them since they're very expensive and so important.

This is why I have apple care plus

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I will bring back and swap it last time my iPhone wifi didn't work

It's funny how every time someone responds to you you had another issue. I think you messed up the phone and just expect Apple to fix it. There is no way an iPhone completely breaks down on you in the ways you stated unless you did something, especially with it being relatively new. That being said, since you said "you think it got wet in the battery case" I'm gonna venture and say it did in fact get wet, you know this, and are just trying to pawn it on Apple as faulty device. Maybe next time take better care of your $700+ dollar investment.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

It's funny how every time someone responds to you you had another issue. I think you messed up the phone and just expect Apple to fix it. There is no way an iPhone completely breaks down on you in the ways you stated unless you did something, especially with it being relatively new. That being said, since you said "you think it got wet in the battery case" I'm gonna venture and say it did in fact get wet, you know this, and are just trying to pawn it on Apple as faulty device. Maybe next time take better care of your $700+ dollar investment.

I don't mess up the device I use it mainly for social media and I'm a heavy user. I hope this my last replacment till I upgrade And I did try it without the case.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I just read through this whole thread and I feel like the OP is messing with us. Nobody has this many issues after using device after device for a few weeks and seriously thinks that they keep getting defective phones. Especially an iPhone and directly from the Apple Store.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

These kind of actions are precisely the reason why AppleCare and other iPhone related insurance fees get higher.

I'm not the only one replacing the phone many times I seen in different forum sites people replacing there iPhones way more times than me.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm not the only one replacing the phone many times I seen in different forum sites people replacing there iPhones way more times than me.

I don’t remember saying you were solely responsible for the fees getting higher. I meant in general.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

Not trying to mess with you people at all same thing happen to my 6s plus but only that time I did apple care express replacement due to the Touch ID not working after I got something sticky on the Touch ID sensor and messed it up

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Not trying to mess with you people at all same thing happen to my 6s plus but only that time I did apple care express replacement due to the Touch ID not working after I got something sticky on the Touch ID sensor and messed it up

So it seems to be a recurring thing with you where you are the cause for the phone not working. Getting water on the battery case which probably caused the issues with your 7 and messing up your touch ID on the 6s. I mean if you have to return 2 phones a combined 11 times (which you claimed between your 6s and the 7) there is something you are doing wrong, especially with it being apple and not some bargain bin Chinese OEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR