Where would you purchase an iPhone 7?

richv77

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Bestbuy - currently has $50 off for AT&T customers
2. Apple Store - no discount but phone is Unlocked
3. AT&T

I'll probably get insurance for it as well.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I either buy from Apple or my cellular provider. If I get it from my cellular provider, i buy it outright and have them unlock it. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Bestbuy - currently has $50 off for AT&T customers
2. Apple Store - no discount but phone is Unlocked
3. AT&T

I'll probably get insurance for it as well.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

If AT&T is your wireless carrier and you don’t plan on switching any time soon then I recommend you buy it from AT&T and save yourself $50.

bmhillegass87

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
If you are buying outright, it probably makes the most sense to buy from Apple. However, I'm a huge fan of purchasing from Best Buy. They run great deals on Apple products (one of the few) when a device is on a payment plan.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I usually get mine from my carrier, but this time with my 7 Plus I decided to go with BestBuy because they had the Jet Black in stock.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've purchased directly from Apple the last several years. One launch day. Have done both online order and stood in line. I only stand in line if I can't make up my mind about which finish I want (i.e., when the rose gold was first offered).

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’m a launch day iPhone buyer and I’ve picked up my last three directly from the Apple Store. I always have a reservation (wouldn’t catch me dead in that ridiculous line) so the process is more or less quick and painless but the excitement around the iPhone on launch day is pretty cool. Anytime after launch day...whomever has it for the cheapest price. An iPhone is an iPhone.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
I've only been at a launch once. It was a LONG day, and thus I said never again... :)

I’m a launch day iPhone buyer and I’ve picked up my last three directly from the Apple Store. I always have a reservation (wouldn’t catch me dead in that ridiculous line) so the process is more or less quick and painless but the excitement around the iPhone on launch day is pretty cool. Anytime after launch day...whomever has it for the cheapest price. An iPhone is an iPhone.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've only been at a launch once. It was a LONG day, and thus I said never again... :)

Yeah I show up five minutes before my scheduled time and usually leave 15-20 minutes later. I have no free time as it is so standing in a long line to buy a phone isn’t going to happen.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
LOL, I give people credit who camp out over night, wait in line and enjoy the experience of being one of the first in line to get the newest iPhone. Me? No way.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I purchased my SE from Best Buy last week during their Prime Day competition sale for $200 off. I essentially got it for $300 because after 30 days I can pay it off at the discounted price.

Just make sure when you're buying from BB that you read the fine print of buying a phone at reduced price. It's either going to be reduced off the total price or you're going to get a bill credit per month from the carrier

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I show up five minutes before my scheduled time and usually leave 15-20 minutes later. I have no free time as it is so standing in a long line to buy a phone isn’t going to happen.

I do reservation as well on launch day. Usually takes 15 mins or so. Sometimes the line at McDonalds is longer than the reservation line.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I do reservation as well on launch day. Usually takes 15 mins or so. Sometimes the line at McDonalds is longer than the reservation line.

I remember showing up for the iPhone 6s launch and seeing a line that stretched across the entire mall. What a relief when I was guided to the reservation line that had maybe 8 people ahead of me.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I remember showing up for the iPhone 6s launch and seeing a line that stretched across the entire mall. What a relief when I was guided to the reservation line that had maybe 8 people ahead of me.

Exactly the same for me. The standby line was hours long. But the reservation line had maybe 5 people.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I must say that launch days are pretty fun on the retail side but for the customer it's a pain. I always get my iPhone from work (Verizon). I have never done a line and never will.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2