Headphone jack

IuliaGz

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
i would like to know if the headphone jack removal is making the users happy or not.
what changes are occurring in your life without the jack?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i would like to know if the headphone jack removal is making the users happy or not.

It doesn’t affect me at all. I’m neither happy or unhappy without it because it doesn’t prevent me from listening to my audio.

LeviV8

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
It's not that much of a thing as people 'inflated' it the 1st time.
Once you will use it (read as don't use :) ) you will quickly adapt and feel more free.
I usually listen to music on the go (street, shops, etc) and it's nice to not have a cable tangling around you.
It didn't bother me, anyway, as I wanted to upgrade my headphones and go wireless :)

*this was a totally biased and subjective comment :rolleyes: *

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don’t think you’re going to find many people that are truly happy that the headphone jack is gone but you will find lots that are indifferent about it. We’ve adapted to not having it. There have been a few instances where I was inconvenienced but overall my life without a headphone jack remains unchanged.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not a big enough audiophile to care about sound quality of bluetooth vs wired connection. 90% of my bluetooth listening is podcasts anyway.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I personally decided to go with change, since the future is Bluetooth and I use an Apple smartphone that doesn't have a headphone jack, "it is what it is"

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

There have been a handful of occasions where I would have liked to have a headphone jack since I got my 7 Plus but for the most part I'm fine. I use wireless headphones 95% of the time.

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
The only time I miss having the Jack is when I sleep because I like to listen to podcasts while falling asleep so I have a pillow with a built in speaker that I can no longer use as I need to charge my phone. I use a Bluetooth speaker under my pillow now but it had to be charged every day. I am running out of places to charge my devices lol ( phone, apple watch, speaker and headphones)

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I thought this was going to be a big deal for me coming over to Apple from BlackBerry but turns out in the end it didn't make a difference for me. After a few months I decided to go with the change and invested in some AirPods for my 7 Plus and haven't looked back.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
When I got my iPhone 7, I immediately ordered a headphone jack adapter for it. I tried it out as soon as it came in the mail. I'm not all that crazy about it because it seems a bit cumbersome as opposed to having the actual headphone jack in the phone. I tell ya, I wouldn't have been upset having a headphone jack. ;)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When I got my iPhone 7, I immediately ordered a headphone jack adapter for it. I tried it out as soon as it came in the mail. I'm not all that crazy about it because it seems a bit cumbersome as opposed to having the actual headphone jack in the phone. I tell ya, I wouldn't have been upset having a headphone jack. ;)

Wasn’t there an adapter included in your iPhone 7 box??

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Apple removed headphone jack to promote airpods.they still provide a lightning to headphone adapter in box if still want to use your old wired headphones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73