iPhone pricing

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Do we really get better deals after a new iPhone is announced?

I'm currently using both a Samsung S6 and on occasion my inherited iPhone 5s.

I'm sim only now as of mid may and free to look into new devices and have my eyes upon the product red iPhone 7. Id settle for another colour but intreagued by storage size and mainly colour!

I am thinking at this point in time it would be silly to buy the 7 if prices are to drop but do they really drop at the time of new phone releases or after? If so how soon after?
Is there much of a price drop?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There’s not that big of a price drop, in my opinion, however, wireless providers will indeed offer excellent deals to move the old iPhone models out of stock.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
There’s not that big of a price drop, in my opinion, however, wireless providers will indeed offer excellent deals to move the old iPhone models out of stock.

Agreed. Also, you don't necessarily need to wait until the next gen iPhones get announced. Wireless carriers often have some of their best deals in the leading-up months as sales decline for the current models. For example, I got $300 off the retail price for a brand new iPhone 6s Plus last July from Verizon. That was as an existng customer, not a switcher.

As for the red iPhone 7, I'd worry that Apple will cease selling it as the new ones come out. The used price might even rise.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. Also, you don't necessarily need to wait until the next gen iPhones get announced. Wireless carriers often have some of their best deals in the leading-up months as sales decline for the current models. For example, I got $300 off the retail price for a brand new iPhone 6s Plus last July from Verizon. That was as an existng customer, not a switcher.

As for the red iPhone 7, I'd worry that Apple will cease selling it as the new ones come out. The used price might even rise.

This is my concern, it's currently in at 128gb as well which I expect that to drop should the red iPhone continue for a bit longer...

Just got to time it right I guess!