Hi everyone

I have a question about the Apple phones because I haven't had an iPhone since the iPhone 5c.

My Samsung has broken down and I am tired of the stupid Android overlays like on Samsung and Huawei, and then there are the preinstalled apps and stuff you never use, you can't delete and they only take storage and RAM...

So I want to go back to iPhone. But my question is; I can get an iPhone 7 32GB or an iPhone 6s 128GB. I have a lot of music on my SD right now and the 32GB probably already uses 10GB or so for the apps I want to install on it.

Is the iPhone 7 THAT much better than the iPhone 6s? I could always grab a Spotify account and use that, but are their a lot of differences between the phone?

Thanks!
    06-04-2017 10:16 AM
    Hi everyone

I have a question about the Apple phones because I haven't had an iPhone since the iPhone 5c.

My Samsung has broken down and I am tired of the stupid Android overlays like on Samsung and Huawei, and then there are the preinstalled apps and stuff you never use, you can't delete and they only take storage and RAM...

So I want to go back to iPhone. But my question is; I can get an iPhone 7 32GB or an iPhone 6s 128GB. I have a lot of music on my SD right now and the 32GB probably already uses 10GB or so for the apps I want to install on it.

Is the iPhone 7 THAT much better than the iPhone 6s? I could always grab a Spotify account and use that, but are their a lot of differences between the phone?

Thanks!
    Here's your answer:
    http://gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idP...&idPhone2=8064
    NafcMontana likes this.
    06-04-2017 10:23 AM
    Thanks, but I have already checked that and videos, but the thing is that some reviewers say the 6s is a better choice, and others say the 7 is the better choice, so I was hoping to get some pros and cons from actual users of both phones, should have put that in the question as well. But thanks for the link!
    06-04-2017 10:42 AM
    Thanks, but I have already checked that and videos, but the thing is that some reviewers say the 6s is a better choice, and others say the 7 is the better choice, so I was hoping to get some pros and cons from actual users of both phones, should have put that in the question as well. But thanks for the link!
    Here's my 2 cents. I only have plus models of both sorry. Depending on if you're in the states with a GSM phone then I would probably choose the 6s, since GSM antennae on the 7/7+ is faulty and not as good (IF you use a lot of data and make a lot of phone calls). If that doesn't bother you then both are fine. The camera on the 7 is better and water resistance.

There's no Headphone jack on the 7. The 7 has a 25% better screen and lasts 1 hour longer. (Most 7/6s users need the battery case anyway). The 6s is a few hundred cheaper I think. But the 7 will probably ensure an extra year or two over the 6s in the long run. The 7 does have the 3 new colors. The software is the exact same (we all know the software is different on the plus model). So you can't go wrong with either. I would play with both in store just because you may prefer the home button on the 6s compared to the 7.

Overall, I noticed a TINY difference going from the 6s+ to the 7+, the screen looks better and sound too but that's all I have really noticed.
    Spencerdl and libra89 like this.
    06-04-2017 11:29 AM
    Here's my 2 cents. I only have plus models of both sorry. Depending on if you're in the states with a GSM phone then I would probably choose the 6s, since GSM antennae on the 7/7+ is faulty and not as good (IF you use a lot of data and make a lot of phone calls). If that doesn't bother you then both are fine. The camera on the 7 is better and water resistance.

There's no Headphone jack on the 7. The 7 has a 25% better screen and lasts 1 hour longer. (Most 7/6s users need the battery case anyway). The 6s is a few hundred cheaper I think. But the 7 will probably ensure an extra year or two over the 6s in the long run. The 7 does have the 3 new colors. The software is the exact same (we all know the software is different on the plus model). So you can't go wrong with either. I would play with both in store just because you may prefer the home button on the 6s compared to the 7.

Overall, I noticed a TINY difference going from the 6s+ to the 7+, the screen looks better and sound too but that's all I have really noticed.
    Some people around me use a 7 Plus and they have no signal issues.
    And the 7 Plus has stereo speakers, 1GB of additional RAM and an amazing camera.

The difference between the 6S and 7 is negligible. At this point, it all falls down to storage and price as the 6S gen will still be supported for a while.
    NafcMontana likes this.
    06-04-2017 11:49 AM

I know that I'm not the OP but thank you for this! I have been trying to find a decent comparison between the two and they all fall short. You nailed it very simply.

I got a 7 recently when I was really looking for a 6s but I found a deal I couldn't say no to so hence the 7. It's nice but I can't help but wonder if I should have just looked for a 6S at a deal (I mean an unlocked one). You really said the real differences here. OIS is nice to have on the camera of the 7, but is it nice enough to pass on a 6s? At the same time, you do have that 1 hour advantage on the 7. I'm not sure really.
    06-05-2017 11:13 AM
    I think you should go for the 7, although I prefer the 6s. It's the more recent phone, plus it will still be newer than the 6s once the 8 arrives.
    libra89 and NafcMontana like this.
    06-05-2017 11:33 AM
    Go with the most storage so the 6s would be my choice
    NafcMontana likes this.
    06-05-2017 11:38 AM
    I know that I'm not the OP but thank you for this! I have been trying to find a decent comparison between the two and they all fall short. You nailed it very simply.

I got a 7 recently when I was really looking for a 6s but I found a deal I couldn't say no to so hence the 7. It's nice but I can't help but wonder if I should have just looked for a 6S at a deal (I mean an unlocked one). You really said the real differences here. OIS is nice to have on the camera of the 7, but is it nice enough to pass on a 6s? At the same time, you do have that 1 hour advantage on the 7. I'm not sure really.
    Thankyou ❤️️❤️️
    libra89 and NafcMontana like this.
    06-05-2017 12:02 PM

The difference between the 6S and 7 is negligible. At this point, it all falls down to storage and price as the 6S gen will still be supported for a while.
    Probably true, but I do see the Geekbench and Aututu numbers which seem to confirm the engine driving the 7 is a real beast and superior to every other phone on the market. So, if saving three seconds[] a day running a game matters, go with the hot dog.

Attached Thumbnails iPhone 6s or iPhone 7-image1496682311.286837.jpg  
    NafcMontana likes this.
    06-05-2017 12:05 PM
    Thank you all for the quick answers, I think I have made my choice now! (I'm sorry there is no quote but I can't quote all of you guys...). Oh yeah I also didn't say this but the price for both the devices is the same, that is why I was doubting. It was a holiday today so every shop was closed, but my sister came over and she has the 6s and I've been playing around a bit on it and I have also watched some more Youtube videos.

Your help is really appreciated!
    libra89 likes this.
    06-05-2017 01:54 PM
    Thank you all for the quick answers, I think I have made my choice now! (I'm sorry there is no quote but I can't quote all of you guys...). Oh yeah I also didn't say this but the price for both the devices is the same, that is why I was doubting. It was a holiday today so every shop was closed, but my sister came over and she has the 6s and I've been playing around a bit on it and I have also watched some more Youtube videos.

Your help is really appreciated!
    Wait so what did you choose?
    06-05-2017 01:58 PM
    Wait so what did you choose?
    Oh yeah sorry that was something I should have mentioned, I'm going for the 6s because I'm a music and movies guy so I will need quite some storage and I know it's already a (late) 2015 device but I think (and hope) it still will be supported in later updates for some time, and if I would want a 7 with the same amount of storage it would cost me 200 more and the phones are a bit too similar to each other for that amount of money, like as you said, is the camera improvement really worth that much of money extra.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-05-2017 02:10 PM
    Oh yeah sorry that was something I should have mentioned, I'm going for the 6s because I'm a music and movies guy so I will need quite some storage and I know it's already a (late) 2015 device but I think (and hope) it still will be supported in later updates for some time, and if I would want a 7 with the same amount of storage it would cost me 200 more and the phones are a bit too similar to each other for that amount of money, like as you said, is the camera improvement really worth that much of money extra.
    Gotcha. Sounds good to me, I hope you will enjoy the 6s! The sound on the 7 is stereo speakers but eh, 200 more is a noticeable difference in how much you will be spending for just 2 things.

While the 7 isn't bad, I don't think I would mind considering a 6s possibly.
    NafcMontana likes this.
    06-05-2017 02:21 PM
    The only reason I traded my 64 gig 6s plus in was for the water resistance other than that's it's a bit more snappy but not a dramatic difference. The only way I upgrade this 7plus is if the next iPhone is a dramatic difference. The 6s is a great device no question about that I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
    06-10-2017 11:44 PM
    Also iPhone 6s doesn't have OIS but 7 does. I would go for iPhone 7 128gb.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-11-2017 01:59 AM
    Hi There,

If you prefer storing lots of media files in your phone, then go for the bigger storage. But if your after the latest iohone and its festures, then the iphone 7 is for you.
    06-11-2017 02:02 AM