Silent switch

MikeF808

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Not really a question, more of an observation. Why in this day and age does the iPhone still have a physical silent switch? Isn't it time to integrate that in iOS as they've done with the iPad?

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site
They've removed the physical switch from the latest iPad.

What I would like to see is one of the few features I miss from Android. Being able to mute it for a specific amount of time. I miss calls sometimes because I forget to unmute when I wake up.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
They've removed the physical switch from the latest iPad.

What I would like to see is one of the few features I miss from Android. Being able to mute it for a specific amount of time. I miss calls sometimes because I forget to unmute when I wake up.

Yeah it would be nice to be able to have multiple quiet hours set per day so it would automatically be silent when you need it(like 8-5 for work and 10-7 for night time).

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I actually like the switch because it's a simple way to turn my phone on vibrate when I go to bed. I am not opposed to a digital route but it would definitely take some getting used to.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not really a question, more of an observation. Why in this day and age does the iPhone still have a physical silent switch? Isn't it time to integrate that in iOS as they've done with the iPad?

Like some of the other members who replied, I'm in favor of maintaining the physical mute switch, and with the "Vibrate on Silent" option enabled in the Sound settings, missing calls are almost nonexistent, in my opinion...

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I love having the physical switch. It makes muting so easy with no swiping. Of course, it's not really necessary for me much anymore bc my phone rarely makes any noise due to me having my Apple Watch for notifications.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
After having used Windows Phone for three years, I definitely appreciate having a physical mute switch. It irked me like crazy not being able to just automatically put my phone on silent with a simple flick.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
The physical mute switch is excellent. I love having the ability to quickly mute my phone. It's one of the best features of the iPhone for me for sure.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I like the physical mute switch. Why would you want to unlock the phone to then mute it? Pita. That's what I missed when on android although I had a notification led which was useful.

I was jealous of one plus having that mute switch I must say!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2