Strange Apple Store iPhone 7 replace experience

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I been to Apple Store walnut ST Philadelphia.

What they did is took my old Belkin ultra glass from my pervious iPhone 7 and put it in my new shouldn't they gave me a new the one they installed has a scratch and dust on it.

I contact Belkin for a new one .

They didn't move my apple care plus to my new iPhone 7 replacement.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Phone AppleCare directly for moving it over to your new phone. And they are not obligated to put on a new screen protector. It is an accessory and not part of the phone.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
It is still an accessory which Apple is unfortunately not responsible to replace. They are only obligated to replace the phone. It is really up to their discretion as to whether they will replace the screen protector.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All you get with a new phone, is what's in the box. A screen protector does not come in the box. It's purchased separately as an accessory.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
It's a replacement iPhone 7 from Genius Bar apple care over the phone fixed my Apple care issue. It's shows Apple care plus registered on Apple website but it does not show on apple support app for iOS.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
They might be willing to install the new screen protector that Belkin sends you. It doesn't hurt to ask. I'm from Philly also. I've found the folks at the Walnut street store to be VERY accommodating. Worst they can do is say no. If you don't ask then it's definitely no!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
What they did is took my old Belkin ultra glass from my pervious iPhone 7 and put it in my new shouldn't they gave me a new the one they installed has a scratch and dust on it.
I'm seriously surprised they even did that ... I would've expected it to go in the trash, with an offer to sell you a new one ...

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm seriously surprised they even did that ... I would've expected it to go in the trash, with an offer to sell you a new one ...

I figure you got a "genius" who either (1) really loves their job, (2) was in a really great mood, or (3) hasn't been there long enough to be told not to do that. :)

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
5595eb9d038835d0bb0f3afb8ba5a089.jpg
493217436201dd285dae796e91e15338.jpg

This is what the Apple Store did

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
All things considered for a reused screen protector it doesn't look too bad! BUT since Belkin is replacing it (good on them!) might as well ask the Apple store to apply it. :)

Expert tip: Be VERY polite and firm. Remember they are doing you a favor, and that you appreciate it, win them over to your side, show appreciation, don't demand. :) Showing Apple love doesn't hurt. ;)

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
All things considered for a reused screen protector it doesn't look too bad! BUT since Belkin is replacing it (good on them!) might as well ask the Apple store to apply it. :)

Expert tip: Be VERY polite and firm. Remember they are doing you a favor, and that you appreciate it, win them over to your side, show appreciation, don't demand. :) Showing Apple love doesn't hurt. ;)

I just got the replacement I will stop at the Apple Store at the weekend but they shouldn't install a used screen protector they shouldn't installed anything then I would of contact belkin for a replacement

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Phone AppleCare directly for moving it over to your new phone. And they are not obligated to put on a new screen protector. It is an accessory and not part of the phone.
If the screen protector was bought from Apple and they replaced the phone due to defect, they have always given me a new screen protector too since it's not my fault my phone was faulty. But then again, I mentioned I also bought it there and they replaced that too. Whether they bought it there and also mentioned that is another story.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox