The actual iPhone 7 wholesale price

uncleZZ

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
How much is the actual wholesale price Apple is charging from their dealers? Friend of mine pointed out websites for brand new iPhone 7 32GB for 450-550USD. I know it's possible to buy "factory sealed" iPhones with fake accessories inside little cheaper, some even have fake screens installed.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, if the iPhone retails for $649 + tax and costs Apple around $240 to actually build it (price estimations from IHS Markit)

I would estimate a retailers buy it from Apple for around $499. ($150 profit) So your estimation could actually be right. 😃 but part of that profit would go into marketing and distribution, salaries and various other things so profit margin could be around 5-8%
(just guess work)

Last edited:

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I've heard varying reports that profit margins on iPhone are as little as 3% for retailers other than Apple themselves. This would mean the price retailers, even large retailers like Best Buy and Walmart, are paying for the iPhone is somewhere around $600+ for a base iPhone 7. This is why you rarely see the iPhone go on sale, unless it is a discounted installment price through a carrier (who make much more profit off their service than they do selling you the phone)

You can find "new" iPhones for sale cheaper online, but never through reputable retailers that are Apple Authorized Resellers. I think I'd trust Craigslist before a shady unauthorized online retailer.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Your saving around $100-$200. Let's say it's fake and you have a failure, Apple will tell you to go pound sand. So now your out $450-$550 with no phone.

On the other end, you save $100-$200 and it might work for years without issues.

It's a risk your going to have to make. I personally would just spend the extra and buy from an authorized.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner