I have a 2008 Subaru Forester, and it does not have all the bells and whistles that new models do in regards to technology. I've been happily using the auxiliary jack on my car's dash to listen to music on my iPhone. It works quite well.

The plan is to drive it until it dies, so there's no possibility of getting a new car before I get a new iPhone. My question is will the dongle that comes with iPhone 7 and 7+ (and presumably the next releases from Apple) work with my car's auxiliary jack?
    05-02-2017 10:25 AM
    I have a 2008 Subaru Forester, and it does not have all the bells and whistles that new models do in regards to technology. I've been happily using the auxiliary jack on my car's dash to listen to music on my iPhone. It works quite well.

The plan is to drive it until it dies, so there's no possibility of getting a new car before I get a new iPhone. My question is will the dongle that comes with iPhone 7 and 7+ (and presumably the next releases from Apple) work with my car's auxiliary jack?
    Yep. I use it every day. No problem at all.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    05-02-2017 10:58 AM
    Yep. I use it every day. No problem at all.
    Wonderful! That makes me very happy!
    cwbcpa likes this.
    05-02-2017 11:13 AM
    Good. I wasn't real happy about losing the headphone jack but I have yet to miss it.
    libra89 and Annie_8plus like this.
    05-02-2017 11:16 AM
    I have a 2010 Tahoe and suffer the same thing. Thankfully I have a USB port inside my center console in which I drilled a hole and routed a lightning cable through. I have Bluetooth but it ONLY works for calls and not music.
    05-02-2017 07:38 PM
    I have a 2010 Tahoe and suffer the same thing. Thankfully I have a USB port inside my center console in which I drilled a hole and routed a lightning cable through. I have Bluetooth but it ONLY works for calls and not music.
    My car supports Bluetooth music but I don't use it. The quality just isn't good enough with a 400 watt system. I use the lightning cable to the USB and it sounds great.
    mumfoau likes this.
    05-03-2017 07:20 PM
    Im very happy to move forward with technology and have 'better' things, just as long as they provide me with adapters for situations like this when unfortunately i don't get a new car every 2 years haha My dad still drivers his Opel Astra from 1995 and we had to pay extra for that headphone jack since it was 'fancy tech' back then lol. Ah the good ol days. When cars didnt come with power steering and a CD player was optional extra. Now its not even an option lol.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    05-05-2017 10:47 AM
    Im very happy to move forward with technology and have 'better' things, just as long as they provide me with adapters for situations like this when unfortunately i don't get a new car every 2 years haha My dad still drivers his Opel Astra from 1995 and we had to pay extra for that headphone jack since it was 'fancy tech' back then lol. Ah the good ol days. When cars didnt come with power steering and a CD player was optional extra. Now its not even an option lol.
    Lol, now a days they throw the kitchen sink. My car has AM/FM, SiriusXM, 6CD Changer, Bluetooth, USB and AUX. I'm like... wow
    Matty likes this.
    05-05-2017 12:12 PM