... my iPhone 6s once I officially switch it'
    If I might interject a question? I wonder about switching SIMs. I just do it myself, like when a phone crashes, and sail right along with another GSM model. However, carriers want to charge for that switch, right? So can AT&T tell if I'm running an SE and then a 7?
    05-04-2017 05:48 PM
    If I might interject a question? I wonder about switching SIMs. I just do it myself, like when a phone crashes, and sail right along with another GSM model. However, carriers want to charge for that switch, right? So can AT&T tell if I'm running an SE and then a 7?
    Depending on the carrier they may want to charge for a SIM but Verizon has never done this to me. I am not sure about AT&T charging for new SIMS but what I do know is you can switch to a new phone so long as the same size SIM is used for both phones.
    timocrates and libra89 like this.
    05-04-2017 06:56 PM
    Had it 1 day. Still fine. LOL
    05-06-2017 04:27 PM
    No problems here, had since October
    05-06-2017 07:06 PM
    Mine is perfect.
    05-09-2017 06:53 PM
    For all the matte black owners out there... is the finish holding up nicely on your phone? I don't have one, but have wondered how that finish would hold over time...
    There is not a blemish on my finish. I hope they keep this in the lineup for the next iPhone.
    knotsure likes this.
    05-10-2017 05:38 PM
    Mines holding up well. I did notice a couple scratches by the lighting port caused by putting my phone on a stand and missing the port
    05-10-2017 07:20 PM
    Mines still looks perfect as it did when I got it last September.
    05-10-2017 10:29 PM
    There is not a blemish on my finish. I hope they keep this in the lineup for the next iPhone.
    Matte black would be my choice for my iPhone 8 ,maybe Apple will pay attention to the reports and change the finish some .
    05-11-2017 04:54 AM
    For all the matte black owners out there... is the finish holding up nicely on your phone? I don't have one, but have wondered how that finish would hold over time...
    The finish is holding up quite well on my iPhone 7 Plus. I do keep a thin case on it but I have no blemishes so far.
    05-11-2017 07:27 AM
    I've got a 7 in matte black and I've had a spigen case on it since the day I've had it. now it's got loads of small dots on the back, I've tried everything to get them off but they don't come off and my phone looks dreadful now I can't take it out of its case. And it's a real shame because when I first got it when it launched it was a beautiful phone.
    05-12-2017 07:08 AM
    I've got a 7 in matte black and I've had a spigen case on it since the day I've had it. now it's got loads of small dots on the back, I've tried everything to get them off but they don't come off and my phone looks dreadful now I can't take it out of its case. And it's a real shame because when I first got it when it launched it was a beautiful phone.
    When you say small dots, do you mean small nicks or do you mean it looks like it has the pattern from the inside of the case? I ask because my UAG case leaves a pattern on the back of my 7 Plus, but I wipe it with a damp cloth and it's as good as new.
    05-12-2017 07:13 AM
    Even with a case you need to take the phone out regularly to clean out the dust in between the phone and the case. If you don't you'll get scratches over time from the case and the phone rubbing against each other.
    05-12-2017 06:30 PM
    I WAS OFFERED THAT DEAL! It was prelim, and I hadn't yet been selected, but I was wondering about putting the 7 back in the box for a year. Love the iPhone, but it's hard to turn down an $800+ handheld free.

I guess I want picked, huh?
    How does one get on such a list?
    05-15-2017 06:03 AM
    How does one get on such a list?
    In 2015 I was somehow offered the opportunity of using a Galaxy or Note for a month, then sending it back, which I did. I would've kept it, truth be told.

They offered me through email this opportunity of being thoroughly monitored for a month, at the end of which the phone was mine. I think I blew the survey; not a rich man, nor a young one, and not one who buys lots of digital merchandise.

I should know better than to tell the truth.
    05-15-2017 10:54 AM
    When you say small dots, do you mean small nicks or do you mean it looks like it has the pattern from the inside of the case? I ask because my UAG case leaves a pattern on the back of my 7 Plus, but I wipe it with a damp cloth and it's as good as new.
    No it's almost like lots of little water marks on the finish which I don't understand because anytime I've got it wet I've dried it immediately. And the case does leave lines on the phone but they wipe off. It's just the little marks don't come off I've tried everything to get them off
    05-17-2017 02:53 PM
    No it's almost like lots of little water marks on the finish which I don't understand because anytime I've got it wet I've dried it immediately. And the case does leave lines on the phone but they wipe off. It's just the little marks don't come off I've tried everything to get them off
    That's strange considering the phone shouldn't be negatively effected by a cases interior. It's almost as if the case fits too tightly and engraved into the matte finish which would surely annoy me.
    05-20-2017 12:44 AM
    That's strange considering the phone shouldn't be negatively effected by a cases interior. It's almost as if the case fits too tightly and engraved into the matte finish which would surely annoy me.
    My cases all leave a pattern but it wipes off with a damp cloth. It shouldn't leave anything permanent.
    05-20-2017 10:20 AM
    My cases all leave a pattern but it wipes off with a damp cloth. It shouldn't leave anything permanent.
    I get that. If I lay my phone on my Speck Candyshell Grips back side, the rubber leaves a mark immediately (probably from skin oil left on it) but it wipes right off. I don't get marks when it's in my case since it's a smooth rubber.
    05-20-2017 07:09 PM
    My wife and I have got our MB 7 plus phones at Christmas time and they're fine. No signs of wear at all. I constantly change cases on mine and wipe it with a damp microfiber cloth when I do. My wife's phone is in the same case but I have issues I guess, because I find myself talking hers out of the case and cleaning it every other week or so too.
    05-22-2017 08:21 PM
    My matte black iPhone 7's mute switch and power button has chipped finish, but is barely noticeable.

Those with matte black iPhones should probably avoid using Tech 21 evo mesh cases. Those have screen mesh pattern that leave marks on the back of the phone which takes a long time to disappear. Repeatedly wiping it off with a damp cloth did nothing. Using the phone naked for several days got rid of the marks.
    05-29-2017 08:09 AM
    Sounds like most people are using cases, and things are holding up well. I am pretty careful with my devices, but I too always use a case, just makes things better/easier when it is time to sell/trade, and with kids you never know what might happen if they see a phone laying there...
    05-30-2017 12:12 PM
    Thank god, i got the matte black version, i have seen how my friends jet black have lasted, my phone still looks like brand new just some finger print smudges on the screen makes it look dirty.
    06-02-2017 06:49 AM
    Mine has been fine with case though.still looks like fresh from box.
    06-02-2017 07:17 AM
    I like reading these reviews! It makes my choice somewhat easier.
    06-03-2017 07:38 AM
52 123