Size Dilemma

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Well good luck, keep us informed on if you stay... And I'm typing this on my S Plus while looking at the SE.... It's crying out for use.

Sorry for the double quote but I decided to go back to my SE. The radios might be weaker but the size and battery life is a better tradeoff for me over having the 7 with battery case knowing that I wouldn't use it without it. I could always use my Pixel in situations where the strong radios are needed.

The radios on the 7 aren't much stronger, just slightly.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Did you try it without the battery case ?

Nope. I already know it sucks so I decided not to bother. I'm just not wowed or amazed at all really with the 7. It's nice but 24 hours later, I don't feel like it's worth it for me to keep.

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I've got each size and I'd quicker take the SE over the 7; somehow the battery life on the 7 is poor

And ... it appears, according to rumor, an SE upgrade is in the works, perhaps later this year. Gorilla glass, or whatever the Watch has, plus hints at more upgrades. It's supposed to alter the form factor so it no longer resembles the 5S.

I'm really in like with my 7, but if I had an older iPhone I might consider a hot SE to be ideal.

kjung7

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a 7 and a 7 plus and the 7 is definitely a lot easier to hold and use one handed. If you can handle the size of the plus it's definitely nicer, the bigger battery and screen definitely goes a long way. However, I love the 7 for being able to use the phone one handed.

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I went back to the SE, you can't beat it for the price, size and weight. The plus is amazing but it's too big, heavy and expensive. And the 7 is expensive for its performance (no dual camera, 1GB less of ram, less pixels, battery)

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm still back and forth with my old SE and 6S Plus.... This last weekend I had a day out with the kids, and because they'd be a handful I went back to the SE and then Tuesday swapped back to the S+.

The SE is still bang for buck, but with a larger screen I can't use it for too long.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've got the 7 Plus and I'm seriously considering going to a smaller iPhone the next time around. I love everything about it but sometimes the size can be uncomfortable. But I also love the screen space. And I've been playing more games on my phone as of lately.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I think it's hard for sure. So I'll be trying out an iPhone 7 again. I found a deal that I didn't expect to find.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I have iPhone 7 and plus and SE. I use 7 plus for everyday use but SE is damn good for outdoor activities. I use SE for travel, hiking. I rarely use 7 now :(

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I have iPhone 7 and plus and SE. I use 7 plus for everyday use but SE is damn good for outdoor activities. I use SE for travel, hiking. I rarely use 7 now :(

It's really interesting how you go from one big size difference to another but I can get why you don't use the 7 much. My guess is probably because of battery life?

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
It's really interesting how you go from one big size difference to another but I can get why you don't use the 7 much. My guess is probably because of battery life?

iPhone 7 works great but 7 plus just big screen is better for reading! If I didn't have 7 plus, I would be fine with 7. Also, I have smart battery case. iPhone 7 with smart battery case battery life is way better than iPhone 7 plus. I had really good 7 plus deal that I couldn't pass. I need to sell my 7!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Interested to hear your thoughts. I would like to try a 7 as well. But what about the battery? Are you getting the smart case again?

There's a story (an annoying one) but I already have the case from my previous trial. I never tried it without the battery case though to be able to comment on that experience. With it on, you can get days for sure. I remember getting 2 whole days.

iPhone 7 works great but 7 plus just big screen is better for reading! If I didn't have 7 plus, I would be fine with 7. Also, I have smart battery case. iPhone 7 with smart battery case battery life is way better than iPhone 7 plus. I had really good 7 plus deal that I couldn't pass. I need to sell my 7!

Ooh okay I see. Nice that you found such a deal! I think you will find a solid deal when you decide to sell your 7 with the smart battery case. I can believe that it is better even though it sounds like you have an excellent balance going between your phones.

HBogard

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
Get a iphone 6S or 7, it is a manageable size of screen. SE looks outdated in terms of specs and design, also it lacks IP68 water resistance. So better go for a iphone 7, return 7 PLUS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal