I have several friends who went back to the iPhone SE because of the forum factor. It fits perfectly in their hand and screen size is not an issue for them.

For myself, at 61 I need all the screen size I can get for reading emails and accessing websites with my device. But that's me and everyone has different needs.

That's why I always suggest that folks go to a store that has the product they are considering and get one in your hands and play with it before making your decision to buy one.
    Annie_8plus and libra89 like this.
    05-02-2017 07:24 AM
    I too have the size dilemma; the SE/5s is the best design IMHO... But it has caveats. I am weary of the S plus size, and purchased a 7 on launch day when I was in Canada (vacation) and used it for two weeks with no issue because my S Plus was having a roaming issue (non US person here) coming back home and heading out to work it did its job, bit the battery life was horrendous.

I switched back to the S Plus and packed away the 7; I then decided to upgrade my wife's SE and gave her the 7, yay for me I have the form factor that I like... But then I'd be doing something and wish I had the S Plus .... Yeah it's first world problems (even though I'm in a third world country)
    @libra89 so no more SE for you ? I remember you were a big advocate of the SE when it was released.

Now the 7 is a great compromise, but with my usage I getting better battery life out of the SE than the 7, and of course the S Plus wins the battery "war" overall; just cumbersome at times
    libra89 likes this.
    05-02-2017 07:32 AM
    While it can be incredibly confusing t's great that there are so many varying options, because we all have different needs and preferences. I do agree that before making any decision and committing, that it would be best to go to a store where you can compare all models and see how they feel to you. I've currently got a 6s, which I love. I never thought I'd consider a plus size, because my hands are small. My husband recently got a 6 plus through his office, and I'm surprised to find that I kind of like the plus. I'll have to play with it a lot more before I decide on my next model.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-02-2017 08:00 AM
    I too have the size dilemma; the SE/5s is the best design IMHO... But it has caveats. I am weary of the S plus size, and purchased a 7 on launch day when I was in Canada (vacation) and used it for two weeks with no issue because my S Plus was having a roaming issue (non US person here) coming back home and heading out to work it did its job, bit the battery life was horrendous.

I switched back to the S Plus and packed away the 7; I then decided to upgrade my wife's SE and gave her the 7, yay for me I have the form factor that I like... But then I'd be doing something and wish I had the S Plus .... Yeah it's first world problems (even though I'm in a third world country)
    @libra89 so no more SE for you ? I remember you were a big advocate of the SE when it was released.

Now the 7 is a great compromise, but with my usage I getting better battery life out of the SE than the 7, and of course the S Plus wins the battery "war" overall; just cumbersome at times
    I totally agree about the design of the SE/5S. Wow, that sucks that the battery life was bad.

Haha yes it is an interesting problem but I get it, considering that we all have our phones with us pretty much all the time so how we feel, battery life and whatever else matters. It's a hard choice.

You're right, I was/am. I love the size of the SE. I just got this iPhone 7 w/ battery case last night. I'm going to give it a week and see how I feel. Honestly, the only reason why I have even considered the iPhone 7 is because of work. Long story short, downloading anything at work on the SE sucks, because the location is kind of hard for connectivity. I have the Pixel and I can literally download anything. The radios are better in the Pixel so I wanted to try the iPhone with similar ones.

Is your SE on iOS 10?

One handed usage is just not the same on the iPhone 7. It's workable but that's probably because of the battery case, lol.
    05-02-2017 10:13 AM
    Wth the exception of my wife's 7 which is iOS 10, the 6S Plus and SE is on public beta. The 7 is a one handed device ... For me at least but the battery life is left to be desired, I did consider a battery case but then the weight and size is going back into plus category
    libra89 likes this.
    05-02-2017 10:59 AM
    Wth the exception of my wife's 7 which is iOS 10, the 6S Plus and SE is on public beta. The 7 is a one handed device ... For me at least but the battery life is left to be desired, I did consider a battery case but then the weight and size is going back into plus category
    Yeah, I can see why you said that. I would say that it feels like a plus but I have never felt a plus LOL. I was curious to know but I happened to find a nice deal for one for a battery case, so I'm here.
    05-02-2017 11:09 AM
    Yeah, I can see why you said that. I would say that it feels like a plus but I have never felt a plus LOL. I was curious to know but I happened to find a nice deal for one for a battery case, so I'm here.
    05-02-2017 11:09 AM
    Well good luck, keep us informed on if you stay... And I'm typing this on my S Plus while looking at the SE.... It's crying out for use.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-02-2017 11:19 AM
    Well good luck, keep us informed on if you stay... And I'm typing this on my S Plus while looking at the SE.... It's crying out for use.
    Aw, that's so hard. I'll let you all know. I'll give it until Friday.
    05-02-2017 11:42 AM
    Reminds me about Archie Bunker's description of an hermaphrodite: "A little too much of both and not enough of neither." That's a phablet. Besides, you bring the SE up so your nose rests on the screen, you have a 7 Plus.
    matt3166 likes this.
    05-02-2017 12:35 PM
    Hi All,

I recently returned my SE and bought a 7 plus. Although I love the screen and 3D Touch, I'm not sure I'll adjust to the size, I'm on day 13 of my 14 day return period.

(bear in mind, have to justify to the Mrs too, not just myself).

Thanks for reading and any opinions you care to offer.
    Take back the 7, take the SE, take the wife out to Chez Panisse with your change, and live happily ever after.

King, this case is closed.
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    05-02-2017 12:46 PM
    Take back the 7, take the SE, take the wife out to Chez Panisse with your change, and live happily ever after.

King, this case is closed.
    That's what I did.......Almost! The £££ I got back has gone towards the other love of my life, fixing up my old 1989 205 gti
    libra89 likes this.
    05-02-2017 01:34 PM
    Now that's something worth having
    libra89 likes this.
    05-02-2017 03:07 PM
    Now that's something worth having
    I've had it nearly 15 years but been parked up for nearly 8. Hopefully shouldn't need much doing to make it roadworthy again. Shooting up in value last couple of years, may need it to fund my phone habit!
    05-02-2017 05:34 PM
    Nice... I myself have a 106 GTi, but getting expensive and difficult for parts in my country
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    05-02-2017 06:18 PM
    Sorry for the double quote but I decided to go back to my SE. The radios might be weaker but the size and battery life is a better tradeoff for me over having the 7 with battery case knowing that I wouldn't use it without it. I could always use my Pixel in situations where the strong radios are needed.

The radios on the 7 aren't much stronger, just slightly.
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    05-02-2017 08:49 PM
    Darn that was quick @libra89
    libra89 likes this.
    05-02-2017 08:50 PM
    Did you try it without the battery case ?
    libra89 likes this.
    05-02-2017 08:53 PM
    Did you try it without the battery case ?
    Nope. I already know it sucks so I decided not to bother. I'm just not wowed or amazed at all really with the 7. It's nice but 24 hours later, I don't feel like it's worth it for me to keep.
    Paul Ellis1 and redbirdsfan like this.
    05-02-2017 09:05 PM
    Nice... I myself have a 106 GTi, but getting expensive and difficult for parts in my country
    Today's hot hatches just aren't the same
    05-03-2017 10:28 AM
    Hey I see you switching phone every month! Lol.
    Only since bb10 died lol
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-03-2017 12:44 PM
    Hi All,

Also, with the SE, I could also hold out hope that they update it next year with 3D Touch, IP68 rating and A10 chip (the perfect phone in my opinion)

I agree on the perfect phone statement
    05-03-2017 02:03 PM
    I've got each size and I'd quicker take the SE over the 7; somehow the battery life on the 7 is poor
    And ... it appears, according to rumor, an SE upgrade is in the works, perhaps later this year. Gorilla glass, or whatever the Watch has, plus hints at more upgrades. It's supposed to alter the form factor so it no longer resembles the 5S.

I'm really in like with my 7, but if I had an older iPhone I might consider a hot SE to be ideal.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-15-2017 05:14 PM
    Steve Jobs new these dilemmas would happen...
    05-21-2017 02:04 PM
    I have a 7 and a 7 plus and the 7 is definitely a lot easier to hold and use one handed. If you can handle the size of the plus it's definitely nicer, the bigger battery and screen definitely goes a long way. However, I love the 7 for being able to use the phone one handed.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-22-2017 12:46 PM
105 1234 ...