Don't ask me how (I wash my hands regularly I swear), but my iPhone can get mighty dirty. I think partly because I drink a lot of coffee and the caffeine and coffee goodness weeps through my pores lol

But seriously, what cleaning tips or products do you recommend to keep your phone in tip-top, clean condition? I have some microfibre cloths I keep around, and have tried products like WHOOSH before...

Just wondering what you think. Perhaps the answer is I should stop drinking coffee. Problem solved
    04-18-2017 11:07 AM
    I don't do much to my phones but the glass I keep clean with glasses cleaner from an opticaI store with the soft lens cleaning cloths they all supply. I know someone who was using GM Window cleaner on their iPad before I warned them about the harsh solvents it has to cut through bugs and tar for a car windshield!!!!! Big NO NO.

What I would like to know is how to clean the silicone iPad smart covers because my green one shows some black areas and I also wash my hands

Also if anyone has tips for the silicone iPhone cases and how to clean those as well?
    04-18-2017 12:22 PM
    WHOOSH and microfiber cloth.

As for the above for iPhone silicone case, any damp cloth or screen cleaner would work as well.

Stay away from harsh stuff.
    Annie_i6s and Ralph Morgotch like this.
    04-18-2017 12:38 PM
    I just started using Whoosh a week or so ago after I found it at Bed Bath & Beyond. I am a huge fan!!!!
    04-18-2017 02:35 PM
    I also use Whoosh and a microfiber cloth to regularly screen and case I find Whoosh to be a superior product I also use on my eyeglasses and iPad .
    04-18-2017 03:05 PM
    I typically use a microfiber cloth dampened with either water or a non-harsh windows cleaner. I've never heard of the product Whoosh, but I plan to check it out. Thanks for the tip. ...
    04-18-2017 04:45 PM
    I'm cased so the back is always flawless. I have a tempered glass SP on it so when I need to remove fingerprints I just wipe it with whatever shirt I'm wearing.
    Last edited by mumfoau; 06-11-2017 at 03:27 PM.
    04-18-2017 05:11 PM
    I use a product called iKlear. I take my phone out of the case once a week and I give it a good wipe down. iKlear comes with two microfiber cloths; one to use when wet and the other after you've wiped the phone down. Also works really well for removing fingerprints from my tempered glass.
    04-18-2017 05:38 PM
    Always used Spray-Way (ammonia free) glass cleaner or a damp cloth daily.
    04-18-2017 06:01 PM
    Spit and my shirt sleeve ...
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    04-19-2017 11:58 PM
    Spit and my shirt sleeve ...
    Lol, best answer yet 🤣 True story by the way. This is how I clean mine, too.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    04-20-2017 12:27 AM
    I just started using Whoosh a week or so ago after I found it at Bed Bath & Beyond. I am a huge fan!!!!
    I neglected to add that I also use Zeiss Lens Cleaning "pre-moistened" wipes that I buy in bulk at walmart when I'm out and about!
    Ralph Morgotch likes this.
    04-20-2017 07:41 AM
    I literally just wash it with soap and water LOL like once a month
    Ralph Morgotch and bchain996 like this.
    04-23-2017 07:44 PM
    I use a dry microfiber cloth. A few times when I needed more I used one of those pre-moistened wipes for glasses. I've never heard of Whoosh before but I plan on checking it out. Thanks for the tip.
    04-23-2017 09:57 PM
    Yeah, same here. I us a microfiber cloth as well and sometimes dampened
    04-24-2017 01:16 AM
    I generally have a microfiber cloth in my pants pocket that I pull out when needed.
    04-24-2017 06:08 AM
    What is this Whoosh you all speak of? Have never heard of it. I just use a soft cloth and some windex. Once in awhile I'll take my case off and wipe down the whole dang thing.
    04-26-2017 06:05 PM
    Whoosh is actually a Canadian product that is also sold in U S and is safe non toxic cleaner for cell phones ,tv screens .computer screens and I use it on my glasses they say it leaves a small coating on screen to repel fingerprints and comes with a special micro fibre cloth, however I find it a very good product , better than the cheap cleaner I used to use if you can find it at your local Costco it is a very good buy.How to keep your iPhone clean!-s0847161_sc7.jpg
    Ralph Morgotch likes this.
    04-27-2017 05:40 AM
    Wow, I thought I was OCD, but you people, sheesh. I just wipe the screen after each use usually as it gets a finger smudge just by touching it. I have a leather shell case so the screen is the only issue for me. Any soft handy cloth, even a shirt tail will work for me.
    Occasionally using some optical lens cleaner. I never handle it by the screen and cringe whenever I see others holding theirs with a big thumb right on the screen. Side note: another reason I don't get the shiny gloss backsides. Worst idea ever if you like to keep a phone smudge free.
    briguy4 likes this.
    04-27-2017 12:04 PM
    I actually use non-fragrance baby wipes on my SE

The best way to keep a device clean is to never take it out of the box
    eyecrispy, panosth and Spencerdl like this.
    04-27-2017 12:39 PM
    I had to try Whoosh. I found it at Target, it comes with its own microfiber cloth. It seems to be a really good product. My screen is very clean and so far no fingerprints. It's supposed to leave a light invisible coating that prevents fingerprints. So far so good.
    04-27-2017 10:55 PM
    I think you're fighting a losing battle trying to keep fingerprints and dirt off of a smartphone. Put it in a case, whack a screen protector on and be done with it.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-27-2017 11:25 PM
    I neglected to add that I also use Zeiss Lens Cleaning "pre-moistened" wipes that I buy in bulk at walmart when I'm out and about!
    ME too
    Annie_i6s and Ralph Morgotch like this.
    05-06-2017 04:28 PM
    I have some microfibre cloths I keep around, and have tried products like WHOOSH before
    WHOOSH and microfiber cloth.
    I just started using Whoosh a week or so ago
    I also use Whoosh and a microfiber cloth to regularly
    Whoosh is actually a Canadian product that is also sold in U S.... and I use it on my glasses
    Lets add another +1 for the #WhooshTeam ! When my family came to visit from the US i borrowed their Woosh every couple days to keep things nice and clean. There is something about it that just works. For anyone interested you can pick it up at the iMore store for under $500!

I think, also just keeping your iPhone in a case will do the world of good. When ever I'm eating food, i always put my phone down and only once I've washed my hands will it be picked up again. Something about burger and chip grease on the display doesn't appeal to me lol
    Annie_i6s and bchain996 like this.
    05-07-2017 02:06 AM
    Good Stuff Matty they are now selling a liquid screen protection called Diamond Defence however I have no experience with this product sounds good thou maybe someone else has tried this .
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    05-07-2017 06:21 AM
41 12