Installed my first tempered glass

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Was a little freaky at first because even though I had it lined up, it seemed to go slightly low at first, but I got it ok.

Is this a good brand and who else has installed a tempered glass cover on the screen?

Is 9H a decent "hardness?"

There was one tiny piece of lint that must have fallen onto the screen as I was applying the glass and it made a tiny blemish but nothing I am concerned about.

Image1492293089.021802.jpgImage1492293128.457756.jpg
IMG_6859.JPGIMG_6860.JPG
IMG_6861.JPG

I hate taking pics with the iPad so pretend you never saw my finger

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Can't see the photos. 9H is the hardest. I've installed many. I think they are easier than the films.

What gets me is even if I log in with my Blackberry 9900 I can easily see the pics, just makes no sense.

Yup much easier and at first after I installed it I wasn't thrilled there were a lot of bubbles but then I realized there was a plastic film that had to be removed off the front of the glass too blah

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Also, why is it I can never see the pics I upload via the imore app?

What gets me is even if I log in with my Blackberry 9900 I can easily see the pics, just makes no sense.

Yup much easier and at first after I installed it I wasn't thrilled there were a lot of bubbles but then I realized there was a plastic film that had to be removed off the front of the glass too blah

It's a current issue with iOS 10.3 and how images are hosted. If the [ATTCH] tag is used you won't be able to see images in any apps at the moment, you will be able to see them online though. If the

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
It's customary to ask these types of questions before you buy something and install it. Just saying ...

Literally just found out about GLASS screen protectors not long ago. When I see the last one at a store, after deciding that I should get one, and it didn't look like cheap packaging, I GRAB IT.

Just saying ...

Also you should be ecstatic that I have been watching several review vids like this.....

https://youtu.be/CuKfke6aQeI

So considering how many companies make these things it is also "customary" to research many products even after people buy them to compare. (If they care in the first place)

Last edited:

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
So considering how many companies make these things it is also "customary" to research many products even after people buy them to compare. (If they care in the first place)
Uh ... not really. Pretty much going to stick to my tried & true method of doing my research before I buy stuff. I think it's the 100% success rate I've achieved by doing so ... :rolleyes:

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Uh ... not really. Pretty much going to stick to my tried & true method of doing my research before I buy stuff. I think it's the 100% success rate I've achieved by doing so ... :rolleyes:

It's really amazing and great that you take all that time to PICK a brand out of thousands and then research it before you buy. Really happy you have time to do that.

And thanks for sharing your experiences with tempered glass, I was really glad to get that "helpful" information instead of wasting time I could have been researching tempered glass companies and manufacturers for my next purchase.

Thanks for your concern it means so much to me

Last edited:

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

And I'm sure that if I asked you what brand to buy BEFORE I purchased you would have gone out of your way to be helpful and have replied to the actual question

Yup thanks again

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
With replies like this, these are reasons why people come to forums and then leave. Smh

Haha thanks, and I'm staying. He obviously hasn't seen my post count/discussions we've had in Crackberry ;)

I'll be critiquing my experiences I have with my new iPhone 7 and asking others for their opinions, experiences, advice, and the last time I checked that is what a forum is for.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
We'll never know because you never asked, and you've already made your purchase ...

My original question was if Duraglass was a good brand and if anyone had experiences with this company. (In the video also)

But I guess I have to spell everything out....

It's quite clear (to everyone else at least) that it was an impulse buy and I like to know other people's experiences with ALL glass protectors if they are willing to share.

It's good to know that you ALWAYS research everything before you buy, including that gum you are going to buy in the checkout line.

The point is that there are situations where people cannot research instantly, people can't always stand for 15 minutes at a store Googling everything they buy, people have to get to their car, plug the meter, get to the next appointment, get to work, go meet someone.

Get it? Got it? Good.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
My original question was if Duraglass was a good brand and if anyone had experiences with this company. (In the video also)

But I guess I have to spell everything out....

It's quite clear (to everyone else at least) that it was an impulse buy and I like to know other people's experiences with ALL glass protectors if they are willing to share.

It's good to know that you ALWAYS research everything before you buy, including that gum you are going to buy in the checkout line.

The point is that there are situations where people cannot research instantly, people can't always stand for 15 minutes at a store Googling everything they buy, people have to get to their car, plug the meter, get to the next appointment, get to work, go meet someone.

Get it? Got it? Good.

Of course you didn't have to buy one right there on the spot either. The point is you've already bought and installed the product, it's a little late to be asking for opinions. Seriously what are you going to do if somebody says glass protectors are waste of money and they suck? Take it off, return it (nope non-returnable).
Here I took about 5 seconds out of my busy schedule to research your next purchase for you...
Let Me Google That

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Of course you didn't have to buy one right there on the spot either. The point is you've already bought and installed the product, it's a little late to be asking for opinions. Seriously what are you going to do if somebody says glass protectors are waste of money and they suck? Take it off, return it (nope non-returnable).
Here I took about 5 seconds out of my busy schedule to research your next purchase for you...
Let Me Google That

I'm visiting a small town right now and I wanted one ON, period! I'm lucky I even found one and (AS I SAID) it was the last one they had that looked decent for a mid-level price.

I don't think they are a waste of money, I read several testimonials that were Pro and anti, so what do you care? Why are you wasting you time in here then responding to this? You don't bother sharing YOUR opinion if you have one, if you like them or not. That is the purpose of this thread.

IF ONLY I CHECKED WITH YOU FIRST BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING because YOU KNOW BEST.

I will be talking about a lot of things for the iPhone, I sure hope you are able to cope and handle it if others ask questions, ask for opinions, talk and have a convo about a certain product, or is YOURS the ONLY opinion that matters???

And I am still WAITING for YOUR opinion instead of wasting time in here.

Waiting.......

So anyone that ever started a thread in this forum, "Not Quite Right" says "why bother" indeed. Why bother posting ANYTHING in here then because someone is having a bad day and doesn't want to hear about it. If you don't like it, there's the door!

BTW I bought another one today to have as a spare for a few months down the road, but I realize I REALLY SHOULD have asked YOU first if it is ok that I got one.

Vid to follow.....

Last edited: